Hitting a wall with how loud my subs can go any advice?

Just because your amp is adjusted right and your subs sound good, does NOT mean the output is just as CLEAN as it is at a higher impedance!!! - Will the average Joe be able to tell this just by giving a listen - NO, but it does NOT mean it's NOT there - Almost ANY amp you run @ 1 ohm is NOT running as CLEAN as it will at a higher impedance!

AHHH OKAY. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif i see you want to get "technical" about this.
My bad man, wasn't tryin' to argue with anyone, I just know from exp. when dealing with low end amps such as Hi-fonics... It's NOT the greatest quality to begin with so I really don't like running them @ 1 ohm whenever possible... It'd be one thing if he had a matched set of subs, or was creating enough power at that 1 ohm output, but he is not, and if he wants to keep two totally different subs, I just think he'd be best off to get another amp and run em separate on each sub @ 2 ohms - Adjust each amp for each different sub accordingly ;-)

i could drop down to 0.5 and have NO DISTORTION AT ALL!

fff42edcbf301998b19edb45b38e024be37bf7b6_full.jpg

Fascinating.

OP, The hifoincs amps aren't bad in that size range. You need to lose those subs ASAP. Invest in something decent + a properly built box. If you can't afford 2 decent subs buy 1 good 15. Any sub with a bunch of plastic cosmetic junk on it or a stamped basket is not going to do what you want.

fff42edcbf301998b19edb45b38e024be37bf7b6_full.jpg

Fascinating.

I lawled so hard. OP sell your ****. So much badd... 4 gauge needs to be 0 those 2 subs need to be 2 different kinds of matching subs. new enclosure. wire the amp to point .5 if you can hear the 2 or 3% extra harmonic distortion in a subwoofer in a metal tin can going 45 mph down the road over bumps with wind you're a liar.

I never said you could HEAR harmonic distortion lol - I AGREE with you ALL 100% on UPGRADING electrical & getting MATCHING subs and a PROPER enclosure... All I know is if you are stubborn and want two different subs in two different enclosures... WHY would you wire them in parallel running off the SAME amp?! It just doesn't make any sense the subs are totally different...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

yeah guys, i pretty much sold both my subs, got a shok triton 15" and built an enclosure that has 3.7 net cubs tuned at 30 hz, a little bit off from the recommended spec but its hitting waaaay harder than both my old 12s combined with better sound quality, a lot less punch due to the tuning though, but who needs punch in your bass when your car is falling apart and heads are split open ""(@_@)"".

I also bought a high output alt for 169$ (friggen steal!!! got it from more_amps ebay seller, lots of cheap rebuilt japanese vehicle brand alternators with warranty) tested it and i got 160 amps going now, 0 gauged everything with knukoncepts kolossus and now i have a kinetic hc 1800 comming from Sisson16 and i'm going to hook that up as a 2nd battery (gonna be the only corolla in my city with 14+ volts with a loud and stable system if it all works out lol).

Man the triton rated 500 rms but its taking over 950 rms easy at 2ohms, hasn't gotten close to bottoming out. i'm also on the edge of pulling the trigger on an american bass VFL 4480.1D from mylows10 but i'm not sure if those shoks can handle the ABs but on the other hand, that would give me a future reason to buy a stronger 15" which would have me continue the downspiral of basshead poverty @_@.

PS: I haven't seen too much of the shok industries subs on youtube, i'll post a vid once the sub's fully broken in maybe you guys can see if it can handle more power than i'm currently giving it.

moral of story i learned, shoddy mainstream subs/setup

Thank you all for the help and suggestions, they are working wonders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear things are sounding better. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.