High level inputs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bren23

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all. I'm Brendan, new to this forum. I've been fitting very basic installs in my cars years but always on an aftermarket head unit so used phono cables. I currently have a 2015 Aygo which has a factory stereo with rev camera (not needed on a matchbox car I know), Bluetooth and all that good stuff. I do like the head unit so was wanting to put in a 5 channel amp to run 4 speakers and a sub. It only has front door speakers and tweeters in the dash, the tweeters I thought I would leave running off the HU. I was wondering if it is possible to run a 5 channel off this set up using high level to phono be converters? Apologies if this is not the correct terminology... If not, what would be the best way to wire this up, if possible. Thanks in advance.

I was wondering if it is possible to run a 5 channel off this set up using high level to phono be converters?
Yes, it is possible. Most 4+ channel amps have the option to use just one pair of rcas to supply all of it's channels. Since your car only has front stage, those speakers should be receiving a full spectrum, with a simple capacitor protecting the twweter. I believe you will be able to use an simple Line Output Converter (LOC). Some amps come with a built in high level input. That is where the radio speaker outputs will be connected to, instead of an LOC.
Now a heads up. Many have had trouble with simple LOCs, so I suggest an economic one of around usd $20-$30. If it works, awesome. If not, you will need an Digital Signal Processor (DSP). But we will delve into that if need be. Keep us posted.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.