High frequency static noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

mark_tt

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey everyone

Got a weird issue with my audio system.
It's 2006 Honda Accord - I installed aftermarket Pioneer MVH-S622BS radio, Blaupunkt 1604 amp for Sony 3-way XS-G1631C system and Crunch amp for two Kenwood subs.
Subs are playing just perfectly, as well as the mid bass speakers.

Problem arise when I connect twitters and mid ranges to the Blaupunkt amp (will call it just amp further on).
A small amount of constant noise (static?) is coming out of twitters and even smaller amout noise coming out of mids.
This noise stays the same if car is turned on or off, or when it's driving or standing still - so it's a static noise.

At first I thought that this is the RCA issue - I disconnected them to see what's up and it got better! Noise became less obvious but it was still there.
So I ordered better quality RCA to get rid of this issue, but the problem is partially still there.

I tried connecting 3.5mm jack-RCA cable directly to the amp and playing music from my phone - noise was same as with all RCA's disconnected.

I tried disconnecting RCA inputs, speaker cables and connecting twitter directly to the highs amp outputs - this tiny noise is still there.
BUT, if I connect twitter to mid bass amp output with LPF there is no noise! As soon as I disable LPF on those channels it's back again.

I also discovered that loudness of this static is directly controlled by amp gains.

So this looks like it's some kind of a high frequency static that is coming from the amp.
And this makes me think that there might be a problem with the amp - but why and how to fix it?

Here is what I've done trying to eliminate it:

1) Changed and properly prepared ground point (resistasnce measurment, sanding, etc)
2) Sanded and properly prepared wire that is coming from the battery to the car frame
2) Checked all the power cables in the trunk
3) Turned gain down to about 50-60%
4) Tried lifting amp to get it about 7 inches from fuel tank (and fuel pump) as it's sitting right on top of it.

But nothing really helped. It's hard to hear this static, you need to have your year about 5 inches from a twitter to hear it but it's noticeable to me, so I want to fix it.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!

P.S.
Can this be because of the bad battery? It's pretty old and definitely out of it's warranty cycle....

Sounds like your amp has a REALLY high level of noise, as in a low signal to noise ratio. My advice? Get a better amp than the blaupunkt

Thanks a lot for your reply!
I am suspecting the amp too, and I've got the idea on how to test it - I will disable LPF on sub amp and will connect tweeter to it to see if it makes the same noise.

I'll get back with the results later today.

What makes me feel wierd is that this is only high frequency static and with LPF on its not there...
But maybe it's this the amplifier's "feature".

Post a manual to your amp up or a link at least

Amp is Blaupunkt 1604. Here is the link to it:

Included manual is pretty empty, unfortunately.

I am basically thinking that it is a unfortunate combination of very sensetive speakers and non-expensive amplifier creates this noise.
And all of the positive reviews may come from people who have cheaper and less sensetive speakers so they don't hear this noise.

I'll try to return in through Amazon and get something better.

What would you recommend for my speakers (Sony XS-GS1631C) under $150 if this is even possible?

Thanks in advance!

There's so many amps, best thing to do would be to start a thread asking about best amp options for what you need it to do in your price range.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.