Question about new Mechman Alt install

Participant count
  • Participant list

bass.dealer679

CarAudio.com Newbie
Whats up. I just got my mechman 370 in for my 07 suburban and plan on doing the big 3 with the install. First thing that I noticed is that the alternator has a negative crimp for the negative battery post along with the expected positive to positive battery post

Instead of running the ground from the crimp on the alternator straight to the battery, would it be ok to run it from the stock alternator case to the chassis and ignore that negative on the alt?

Preciate the feedback, and bass on!

You can yes. Both most people add a ground wire to that point from the battery with the big 3 anyway.
Alright. So I have a sky high big 3 kit right now and I'll just not worry about that negative on the alt when i install. If I get some 0ga wire in the future, I can run that negative on the alt to the negative on the battery and make it a big 4?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.