hifonics zeus 2550 vs cresendo bc2000

Well then what is the truth? What amp would you recommend to run with my setup? I do alot of research, I just get led to believe the wrong thing sometimes.
Unless it's a brand new company that copied a old board and trying to get their name out, if you are paying $150 per 500 watts (market price not retail) it's a good amp. It will do what it says. that's the safe way to look at it.

You can't go by the fuses equal power thing anymore, company's have caught on and started over fusing since it don't really matter anyway.

[quote name='Ace87']Well then what is the truth? What amp would you recommend to run with my setup? I do alot of research, I just get led to believe the wrong thing sometimes.[/QUOTE]

You'll want to see what people at serious legit competitions use as in DBdrag, USASCI, MECA, MidwestSPL certified comps. You'll see all of the winners use korean board amps, maybe a fosgate or brazilian here and there but mainly Korean boards. Toughest built high performance amps on the market use zenon boards. You want to avoid cheap chinese boards, they usually have any combination of poor to mediocre: performance, sound quality, efficiency, build quality(internal components) and reliability. Korean boards will have all bases covered and i've seen one person burp a sundown SAZ at 0.125 ohms at a comp and the amp was fully ready for demos when he finished his run and switched wiring for demos.

You'll also want to keep an eye out for tests done by trusted sources. AKA people who actually clamp test properly showing oscope readings and current draw and real world efficiency ratings.

For amplifier dynos, Dont ever look at dynamic or uncertified numbers, only certified is the legit one. Uncertified is a clipping power number. Dynamic is a complete bullsh*t, i can go into full detail if you want but the gist of it is its bullsh*t.

[quote name='LosIsATool']Unless it's a brand new company that copied a old board and trying to get their name out, if you are paying $150 per 500 watts (market price not retail) it's a good amp. It will do what it says. that's the safe way to look at it.
You can't go by the fuses equal power thing anymore, company's have caught on and started over fusing since it don't really matter anyway.[/QUOTE]

To expand on that. @Ace87 watch this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dKxCtizf7w

[quote name='Jeffdachef']You'll want to see what people at serious legit competitions use as in DBdrag, USASCI, MECA, MidwestSPL certified comps. You'll see all of the winners use korean board amps, maybe a fosgate or brazilian here and there but mainly Korean boards. Toughest built high performance amps on the market use zenon boards. You want to avoid cheap chinese boards, they usually have any combination of poor to mediocre: performance, sound quality, efficiency, build quality(internal components) and reliability. Korean boards will have all bases covered and i've seen one person burp a sundown SAZ at 0.125 ohms at a comp and the amp was fully ready for demos when he finished his run and switched wiring for demos.

You'll also want to keep an eye out for tests done by trusted sources. AKA people who actually clamp test properly showing oscope readings and current draw and real world efficiency ratings.

For amplifier dynos, Dont ever look at dynamic or uncertified numbers, only certified is the legit one. Uncertified is a clipping power number. Dynamic is a complete bullsh*t, i can go into full detail if you want but the gist of it is its bullsh*t.

To expand on that. @Ace87 watch this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dKxCtizf7w[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about Italian and German :yumyum:

I just get led to believe the wrong thing sometimes.
That's exactly why I said "unbelievable" (talking as if JBL is a mediocre company and saying Hifonics is more efficient than sundown is far from the norm).
That's why I said stop posting (it's so far from the norm that I wonder where exactly are you getting your information from ? ). If I went on any car audio forum and started a thread with JBL is not that great or sundown>hifonics I would get eaten alive (that's why you need to stop posting, there's something wrong with where your getting your info).

You'd be better off making your own topics or personal messaging the senior users with questions

That's exactly why I said "unbelievable" (talking as if JBL is a mediocre company and saying Hifonics is more efficient than sundown is far from the norm).
That's why I said stop posting (it's so far from the norm that I wonder where exactly are you getting your information from ? ). If I went on any car audio forum and started a thread with JBL is not that great or sundown>hifonics I would get eaten alive (that's why you need to stop posting, there's something wrong with where your getting your info).

You'd be better off making your own topics or personal messaging the senior users with questions
Facebook. Where they love Shark and Audiopipe.

Don't forget about Italian and German //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif
thats mainly SQ. unless you count that hertz 15k

I know there's ground zero, b2 audio and alphard audio overseas but their boards look very zenon.

thats mainly SQ.
I know there's ground zero, b2 audio and alphard audio overseas but their boards look very zenon.
They have higher power stuff also.

I think some GZ is China. Not sure about all of it. China can be fine but it's not fine when you pay next to nothing

Well for starters I guess I got duped into believing from a local audio "professional" that the Hifonics more higher end model was better than a Sundown(btw I found this car audio shop through Sundownaudio.com listed as a Sundown retailer at the time of the amp purchase). Should've went with a Sundown to begin with, or should've went the Crescendo route, lesson learned. I joined the forum here to learn.

from a local audio "professional" that the Hifonics more higher end model was better than a Sundown
Yeah be careful with shop owners (most of them have no idea what there doing).
Most of these professional install planet audio/kicker subs in a probox all day (there a bunch of goons)

Yeah be careful with shop owners (most of them have no idea what there doing).
Most of these professional install planet audio/kicker subs in a probox all day (there a bunch of goons)
They are making a living. It's just a job to most not a hobby.

Well for starters I guess I got duped into believing from a local audio "professional" that the Hifonics more higher end model was better than a Sundown(btw I found this car audio shop through Sundownaudio.com listed as a Sundown retailer at the time of the amp purchase). Should've went with a Sundown to begin with, or should've went the Crescendo route, lesson learned. I joined the forum here to learn.
They suggested the product with a much higher profit margin to you. Some cool dealers near me can get the zues 2550 for 195 new in box which is still a good bit above what they actually get it for from their distributor. Sundown profit margins for dealers arent as high in comparison because its expensive to them too. When they sell even cheaper brands, they barely have any overhead with how low the amps cost to them.

I didn't mean it like that exactly, BUT yes that does speak volumes, or so I thought, guess I was wrong! Well that happens to people like myself that aren't into this $10,000-$20,000+ yet like others, I'm still learning! What are YOU exactly implying, please tell me. If my amp doesn't see anywhere near .6 ever, should I buy another Q and throw it on and see how low she'll go?! I'm real tired of people talking bad about these amps and comparing these $300 amps to $600-$800 ones when they're not exactly running the best top notch equipment themselves. You also cant honestly compare a Crescendo BC or an IA 20.1 to a Hifonics like myself has either. That isn't fair because those amps are on another planet compared to a Hifonics! The Crescendo Symphony would've been a better comparison or the IA10.1!.. And if an amp runs at half ohm that's a good enough indicator for me to know it's not 100% junk, considering there's amps at the $500 price point that supposedly can't run .5 daily!. I'm aware it's not the tip top highest quality either, I don't give a ****. I always thought for $300 that it wasn't a real bad deal.. I mean it's not a $100 amp, give me a break. I initially wanted a Sundown SAE1000d, but was talked out of it because the place I got it at said the Hifonics were more efficient(supposedly 95% or something). Anyway, at least I didn't hop the bandwagon and get the same old Hifonics Brutus amp everyone else has on here that owns Hifonics.
I'm implying that you running .6 ohm nominal load does not necessarily mean that your amp can safely drive .5 ohm. It may or may not, but I can assure you that you're not seeing anything close to the advertised 95% efficiency ever outside of very controlled variables on a test bench and driving low impedance is very bad for semiconductors whether or not your amp is "built for it".

The "same old" Brutus amp that is very popular is popular because it's a proven design that's reasonably reliable and performs well at its price point. No idea about what you have, and I really don't care since I'd never run later than GenX hifonics. They've put their name on too much junk and I wouldn't want to be the guy playing Russian roulette with my money figuring out which are the good ones.

Real funny pal. A JBL huh, real high class. They're not too great either bud.
IMG_0451_zps6082a2f3.jpg

This will output at just shy of 200V, making up to 7500W at 4 ohm and .018% THD.

Most serious SQ amps will not drive .5 ohm or even 1 ohm. The flagship Zapco, Audison, and even JL are designed to operate at high voltage as are a number of the Brazilian big competition tier amps. Even Alpine and Kicker mono blocks make max power at 2 ohm.

The fact is, even if you design an amp to not protect at low impedance or to "handle" .5 ohm it's never good for semiconductors and very inefficient compared to running higher loads.

Ok, well what amp could you recommend that would put out a decent amount of power that can run at .5 or around there, and is around the $300 price point? The Q with the options I have can handle 1800 rms according to Fi, so I would need something that's close to that power or at least equivalent to what I have now would be my guess..
Twisted Sounds... At .5 on strong electrical and a perfect box with minimal rise the 1.8kw you'd see 3k rms out of that amp no doubt about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.