hifonics zeus 2550 vs cresendo bc2000

I've heard alot of reputable brands that cannot run that low of an impedance with their amplifiers that cost alot more than the Hifonics!..

Implying that your amp ever sees .6 ohm, and also implying that quality of an amplifier has anything to do with being able to drive low impedance, or that being able to drive low impedance = quality.

Implying that your amp ever sees .6 ohm, and also implying that quality of an amplifier has anything to do with being able to drive low impedance, or that being able to drive low impedance = quality.
Yeah the jbl crown amp must be junk cuz it can't run at .0125ohm lol

I didn't mean it like that exactly, BUT yes that does speak volumes, or so I thought, guess I was wrong! Well that happens to people like myself that aren't into this $10,000-$20,000+ yet like others, I'm still learning! What are YOU exactly implying, please tell me. If my amp doesn't see anywhere near .6 ever, should I buy another Q and throw it on and see how low she'll go?! I'm real tired of people talking bad about these amps and comparing these $300 amps to $600-$800 ones when they're not exactly running the best top notch equipment themselves. You also cant honestly compare a Crescendo BC or an IA 20.1 to a Hifonics like myself has either. That isn't fair because those amps are on another planet compared to a Hifonics! The Crescendo Symphony would've been a better comparison or the IA10.1!.. And if an amp runs at half ohm that's a good enough indicator for me to know it's not 100% junk, considering there's amps at the $500 price point that supposedly can't run .5 daily!. I'm aware it's not the tip top highest quality either, I don't give a ****. I always thought for $300 that it wasn't a real bad deal.. I mean it's not a $100 amp, give me a break. I initially wanted a Sundown SAE1000d, but was talked out of it because the place I got it at said the Hifonics were more efficient(supposedly 95% or something). Anyway, at least I didn't hop the bandwagon and get the same old Hifonics Brutus amp everyone else has on here that owns Hifonics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real funny pal. A JBL huh, real high class. They're not too great either bud.
Obviously you don't know the jbl crown a6000gti highspl ran for a while makes a ton of clean power at 4ohm.

Jbl amps are nice solid amps. ace87 is a noobie. I'd take Jbl over hifonics all day.. I bought one hifonics amp. It was the brx1700 and it just randomly stopped working after 1.5years of light use in my wife's car, had a Juicebox apple batt in truck it power the amp proper... Ever since it went in protect for no reason and wouldn't work that left a bad taste in my mouth... Switched over to a Memphis 1000d and it was louder and cleaner and the Memphis amp is older and still running to this day... Hifonics is crap

Real funny pal. A JBL huh, real high class. They're not too great either bud.
i think you need to do some more reading...

you said it your self, your a noob...

just because your amp say it will do it dont mean ****.

theres impedance rise, from box rise.

your amp is never seeing that .6 .

we all wish it worked like that.

that jbl would **** on many amps out there.

I am a bit of a noob, but I know a decent amount. I've came a long way over the last couple years and especially the last year since just joining this forum and have upgraded equipment several times, which I'll probably now do again real soon. This is the biggest amp I've owned, seen, or personally held in person, so it seems like the bees knees I guess to me. I love car audio and I love to read and learn, so I'll look into it, thanks.

i think you need to do some more reading...
you said it your self, your a noob...

just because your amp say it will do it dont mean ****.

theres impedance rise, from box rise.

your amp is never seeing that .6 .

we all wish it worked like that.

that jbl would **** on many amps out there.

Sorry to hear that happened to you in that short amount of time. I always heard about their amps going into permanent protect mode, that was my only concern when going into purchasing one of their amps, but when I said that to one of the guys at a shop he looked at me like I was slow and said no way that it can't happen. I learned that most average people know more than the guys that call themselves pros at local car audio shops

Jbl amps are nice solid amps. ace87 is a noobie. I'd take Jbl over hifonics all day.. I bought one hifonics amp. It was the brx1700 and it just randomly stopped working after 1.5years of light use in my wife's car, had a Juicebox apple batt in truck it power the amp proper... Ever since it went in protect for no reason and wouldn't work that left a bad taste in my mouth... Switched over to a Memphis 1000d and it was louder and cleaner and the Memphis amp is older and still running to this day... Hifonics is crap

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.