Hifonics XXZues Burnt Out.... Worth Fixing?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TripKore
10+ year member

Heres My Hifonics XX-Zuess 1600watt Amp

Started Smoking, I took it apart, Here's the problem (pix below).

Is it worth fixing? Is it costly? Or is it totally fried.

I do have a newer one on the way, I just want to know if i should salvage this or not.

zues was a great amp, i'd try by all means to salvage it if possible. ARC should be able to look at pics of it or db-r and let you know.

zues was a great amp, i'd try by all means to salvage it if possible. ARC should be able to look at pics of it or db-r and let you know.
Thanks for quick response, I checked out the burnt chips, They're 5$ each on ebay, I can get replacements, I know how to solder. Just looking at it, the burnt marks might affect the board. I mean, I'm posting on here for opinions. I know their great boards. I got a new 2200watt incoming.

Do you guys know who could fix a touchscreen HU? The touch on it just tweeked out one day and stopped working. I took it apart to look at it and I had no idea what the hell I was looking for..

Do you guys know who could fix a touchscreen HU? The touch on it just tweeked out one day and stopped working. I took it apart to look at it and I had no idea what the hell I was looking for..
I don't know anything about touch screens, sorry.

Ehh thats okay. I dont even know where you could send it to fix it
not to mess this man's thread up anymore, but id contact the manufacturer and have them refer you to a service for their headunits. best bet there.

Thanks for quick response, I checked out the burnt chips, They're 5$ each on ebay, I can get replacements, I know how to solder. Just looking at it, the burnt marks might affect the board. I mean, I'm posting on here for opinions. I know their great boards. I got a new 2200watt incoming.

Replacing the output transistors may not be enough because there could be other parts that went bad at the same time but they don't have burn marks. Best bet is to have it fixed by a pro.

Replacing the output transistors may not be enough because there could be other parts that went bad at the same time but they don't have burn marks. Best bet is to have it fixed by a pro.
a pro would cost as much as the amp, would be pointless. ill fix what i see burnt, only cost me 10$ and a hour of my time.

if it doesn't work, then its junk, or ill sell it for who that wants it lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.