Hifonics put to the Chopping Block! Amp Test Tuesdays!

Well they are **** good for a daily gound pounder for sure! but as he showed, its not much clean power for SPL burps. I think because of the lower tier zeus monoblocks and the older bxi models is probably where they screwed up their fan base. Also being owned by a company that produces crunch amps is a huge turn off for people..

Think it would of been a more relalistic test at 12.5-13v as most users of this amp wont be at 15V. but he was just checking the cea bs.

the amp did do rated but we have to understand is that he tested was the bre model which is there top of the line and it was barely able to do a hundred watts overrated I don't think the BRZ and the zRX would do those numbers but those 0.8 ohm numbers were impressive, but Maxsonics definitely needs to watch their quality control cause he also tested the crunch 1500 and it was barely able to do like 300 watts

Oh great another SMD magic test tool. If these tests aren't done into an actual loudspeaker they're probably not 100% accurate or predictive of what the amp will do with an actual woofer as a load.

Oh great another SMD magic test tool. If these tests aren't done into an actual loudspeaker they're probably not 100% accurate or predictive of what the amp will do with an actual woofer as a load.
Look up Tony D'Amore's YouTube video about the AD-1. It's not as simple as you're assuming.

wtf is the difference between peak power and "burst RMS"?????
thats just Steve Meade's "fancy lingo" for his own products. Dynamic burst rms is basically just an RMS test on music on that amp test machine. Peak power... you know its the useless inflated number.

rms ratings would be low with any decent budget amp under that voltage, unless its an amp rated at 12 volts.
yeah but he did like 4 different tests- none of which are real world conditions. think anyones going to run that amp at 15v seeing .8 ohms?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.