Bass Level control options for Kicker amp?

Grabbit

SEA
I have a Kicker ZX400.1 and RE audio 12 I'm going to be installing in a few weeks. I want to run a pretty discrete level controller for the Kicker amp. The ZXRC that Kicker makes is pretty bulky/ugly. The amp itself has the telephone plug style wire for the controller. Can I just use any other brand as long as it has the same style plug and wire? I like the looks of the JL level controllers....

Dont really want to run a PAC universal one. Anyone here know the differences between styles of level controllers? Really hoping one of the JLs would work. They are very discrete.

Dont really want to run a PAC universal one. Anyone here know the differences between styles of level controllers? Really hoping one of the JLs would work. They are very discrete.
companies make it so you can't use anything but their products, on their amps. Its not gonna work

^ really? I would assume the opposite since a lot of amps use the telephone style plug and wire. Using a pre-made and readily available style plug/wire/rheostat should help manufacturers reduce cost.

Ive recently tried to swap them around. Doesn't always work, even tho the telephone plug is on them. If I cant get them to work correctly, I'd use something like a Maxx-Link. The knob has a light that 'shows' you that your amp is at a clipping stage. I do not like that it is a mirror chrome finish, but the operational aspects of this unit, I really like. Its initial design is to basically strap amps together that aren't strappable. But it does work for just one amp by itself. Just a thought for options.

MAXXSONICS

Since I need to run a LOC to add the sub/amp combo I have to my factory system am I better off running a control knob to some of the nicer LOCs on the market? Ones that offer summing and balancing? bit of newb here....

Since you do need to do a LOC then an active LOC with volume knob would be great.

I really do love the JL level controls especially since it has a a true line driver in it.

So you would also be fine with just a plain old LOC and the JL piece.

Either way, you should be good for $70 or under.

(less expensive should be JL / LOC route)

Really thinking about the Audiocontrol LC2i. It has a remote bass level. Can someone explain why it would be better to use a remote level controller on the LOC as compared to the amp itself?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.