Hifonics HFi 2500d vs. BRZ2400.1

any backup on this theory? or are you going by reputation?
I dont have any myself.... Nor am i nuthugging a brand. I do like the brz's but id take the AQ first. But if you use the search feature you will see plenty...

Even if they were all the same I'd pay the diff to run AQ just so nobody would see hifonics junk in my ride....

Same has been said about sundown amps, very similar to others when looking at gut shots. As mentioned 10 times already, board/layout doesn't mean much. Caps, fets, etc... can vary greatly in prices and make a diff in output, reliability, etc...

I'd love to not only see clamp results of all of these amps but also a blind listening test by somebody who believes they might actually hear the difference between these amps and be able to distinguish the cheapy amps from the more expensive ones

I'd love to not only see clamp results of all of these amps but also a blind listening test by somebody who believes they might actually hear the difference between these amps and be able to distinguish the cheapy amps from the more expensive ones
I will definitely admit to being very impressed by my 2k MbQuart Onyx... beastliest used $170 amp I can imagine lol.

I was really impressed by the apsm2000 that i used while waiting for my saz1500. I had it at 2ohms, it was a current hog compared to the saz, but it did pretty good for its price point. It is in the closet, i will be keeping it, just in case.

It's funny I saw this thread. I actually called Hifonics on Friday to ask about their amps. I wanted to know how they were rated as far as quality since there are so many models. I was on the phone for about 30 minutes. From our conversation, the Hifi is their entry level amp. The Zeus line would be next. The BRZ and Gladiator amps he said were comparible to each other with the rumor that the Gladiator(being discontinued and gone soon) has a slightly better sq than the BRZ, but he didn't think you could hear it. The Gladiators are on clearance from Sonic Electronics now, which is what I'm planning on buying to run my 2 Obsidian 12's. The Gladiators were more expensive in the beginning because they polished the exterior and made it look "pretty". The BRZ and Hifi I was told to be different because of the quality of Fets and the Heat Sink on the BRZ was upgraded. The Brutus Elite I was told has upgraded fets over the standard BRZ amp. I was not aware of how products get to the "gray market" and how "non authorized" dealers get product, so I asked him about that. He informed me that most all defective merch that comes back from their dealers gets checked out, refurbished and then those products sit around until they are wholesaled out. Those wholesalers then buy boxes from Hifonics and repackage and sell as new. Seems like Hifonics should wholesale the products themselves with no warranty and let the public know that they are refurbished.

It's funny I saw this thread. I actually called Hifonics on Friday to ask about their amps. I wanted to know how they were rated as far as quality since there are so many models. I was on the phone for about 30 minutes. From our conversation, the Hifi is their entry level amp. The Zeus line would be next. The BRZ and Gladiator amps he said were comparible to each other with the rumor that the Gladiator(being discontinued and gone soon) has a slightly better sq than the BRZ, but he didn't think you could hear it. The Gladiators are on clearance from Sonic Electronics now, which is what I'm planning on buying to run my 2 Obsidian 12's. The Gladiators were more expensive in the beginning because they polished the exterior and made it look "pretty". The BRZ and Hifi I was told to be different because of the quality of Fets and the Heat Sink on the BRZ was upgraded. The Brutus Elite I was told has upgraded fets over the standard BRZ amp. I was not aware of how products get to the "gray market" and how "non authorized" dealers get product, so I asked him about that. He informed me that most all defective merch that comes back from their dealers gets checked out, refurbished and then those products sit around until they are wholesaled out. Those wholesalers then buy boxes from Hifonics and repackage and sell as new. Seems like Hifonics should wholesale the products themselves with no warranty and let the public know that they are refurbished.
not sure if you bought already but the gladiator does not go that high on wattage, highest is 2200 which priced at $239 at sonix but the brz 2400 is $274, if you are trying to get to 2k amp the BRZ 2400 is what you want. then next up at 3k will be the zeus zrx 3000.1d then the colossus at 3500.1

hope this helps

not sure if you bought already but the gladiator does not go that high on wattage, highest is 2200 which priced at $239 at sonix but the brz 2400 is $274, if you are trying to get to 2k amp the BRZ 2400 is what you want. then next up at 3k will be the zeus zrx 3000.1d then the colossus at 3500.1
hope this helps
I ended up going with a Mark Antony cheater amp. Its 3000 x 1 @ 1ohm and I bought it for under $200. We will see how it does on my Massive DMX Stage 2 15" single sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.