HIFONICS BXi2608D good amp ?

I've had 2 x of the new Hifonics equipment and both blew after 3 years. Also, the power seemed dirty. I got much cleaner response with an amp 2x the price. The hifonics often put out %20 less than rate, so they can be good cheap power, but don't be fooled into thinking those savings are you getting away with highway robbery, or that you have found the best deal. I think if you spend your money on something that won't fail you may save in the long run. Or, to really stick it to someone, use your amp for 2 years and sell it. :\

I've had 2 x of the new Hifonics equipment and both blew after 3 years. Also, the power seemed dirty. I got much cleaner response with an amp 2x the price. The hifonics often put out %20 less than rate, so they can be good cheap power, but don't be fooled into thinking those savings are you getting away with highway robbery, or that you have found the best deal. I think if you spend your money on something that won't fail you may save in the long run. Or, to really stick it to someone, use your amp for 2 years and sell it. :\
Thats because it is dirty power. If I recall one of the bench tests on a BXI1608D. 40% gain started clipping at 800 watts of output or something like that and then ended up not even doing rated power to begin with.

I wouldnt touch a Maxxxonics amp.

Ive never used one, but a guy at work is talking about buying one and says he has not heard or read anything bad about them.

I would love to pay $250 and get some amp that does 2000watts rms, than pay the $250 for my aq1200d that only does 1200, as long as its proven and known that the 2000watts are clean and u will get that real amount.

However, such mixed views on the amps, i would rather go with something everyone can agree is good, and not worry about my subs or amp crapping because of bad power, plus i know im getting at least rated watts. probably more than what its rated at...

you can get a dtr2200 for $328 on ebay, does rated power, small a** foot print and has many mounting options. Not to mention you can get a used aq that looks pretty much new for $275-$300

well im going to have the quantum qca 3000 and this hifonics im going to be testing them to see which one is better

also the guy on caco is selling this amp for 250

lol all the people in here telling you "it won't sound good" and its a power hog.
except for the fact that my Fosgate sounded a hell of alot cleaner, especially on deep notes than my 1508d on the same sub

the one guy has a 1508d which is not the same so he bases his assumptions on that.
except for the fact that someone I know has a 2610d on an SSx 15.22

but ya, I have no experience what so ever...I advocate Hifonics for one reason and one reason only; CHEAP POWER...for anything else, i would not advocate it...Id use Audiopipe before Hifonics

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.