Hifonics BX1500D help!

AudioRiot
10+ year member

My amp keeps going into protect i was listening to it for a good 2 hours almost all the way up then it turned off and then turned back on turned off came bak on. then i just figured it was overheating and that it needed to cool so i left it set for bout an hour or 2, cam bak to listen to it and worked for bout 5 min. then bak to protect. Do u think its a wireing problem i have l7s and i dont want to take my subs out and put them bak in becouse they wont be in secure becouse the speaker holes will already b there ya know.

Thankyou

check the ground...did you set the gain rite?...make sure you dont turn the bass boost up(well turn the bass boost up first then gain)...thats how i blew my 1500d...

the amp lights up and everyting becouse at first i thought it was ground or the remote but it wasnt its getting power but not putting out cuz it goes on protect. but it will b on protect and like 30mins later it will turn on for like a minute and then turn back off

What locatioon do you have the amp? Is it getting any ventilation? My 4 channel planet audio amp cut out when I was on a 3 hr ride home in 100 degree temps. I installed a fan in the amp compartment that I made and haven't had it go into protect mode since.

thats very possible, thats what my friends said that i was with. but sence ive had the seats down in the back so its getting nice temparure of the car because i have it on the back of my box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.