Hifonics Brutus elite 35th anniversary

Tdotbass

CarAudio.com Newbie
Im looking to build a setup with 2 sa12 750watt rms each and having a tough time deciding on a amp. A reputable car audio shop where i live suggest me using a hifonics brutus elite 35th edition (429.99 cad) 1700watt rms at 1ohm. I mentioned to them that hifonics has recently gone down in quality over the recent years and there amps are super overrated but they suggested this is hifonics higher end model and does indeed put out the number hifonics claims. Would like to know anyones thoughts or opinions
Otherwise looking at the sundown sfb 1500 (389.99 cad)

Hifonics is over rated and is pretty much junk. Take that Sundown all day long, it will do what it says on the box unlike the Hifonics. Hifonics won't come close to what they claim at RMS.

Sundown will stand behind their warranty as well for 2 years, you don't see that in many amplifier companies anymore.

The hifonics is pretty but overrated. It’ll probably do 1200 rms tops at 1 ohm. Your reputable shop is not very reputable if they are recommending hifonics. Get the sundown as you’ll at least have a 2 year warranty

This would also work. A little cheaper than the Sundown, but a strong amp.
Screenshot_20200924-202450_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hifonics BRZ and BRX amps did rated power.
and the
Im looking to build a setup with 2 sa12 750watt rms each and having a tough time deciding on a amp. A reputable car audio shop where i live suggest me using a hifonics brutus elite 35th edition (429.99 cad) 1700watt rms at 1ohm. I mentioned to them that hifonics has recently gone down in quality over the recent years and there amps are super overrated but they suggested this is hifonics higher end model and does indeed put out the number hifonics claims. Would like to know anyones thoughts or opinions
Otherwise looking at the sundown sfb 1500 (389.99 cad)
hifonics is worse than boss audio nowadays. especially their brutus elite... idk why they think they can charge so much for pure garbage that can barely do 2/3rds its rated power. The sundown will do its rated power and more. This is a no brainer.

This would also work. A little cheaper than the Sundown, but a strong amp. View attachment 23612
This would also work. A little cheaper than the Sundown, but a strong amp. View attachment 23612
This is exactly the other amps i was considering had previous great experience with orion brand but its hard to source this amp in canada(toronto) even the shop said they have no clue when they will have them back in stock
Any suggestions?

hifonics has recently gone down in quality
Hifonics was good back when Mark Wahlburg was a boy band. The ones made in South Africa and the USA were good. They aren't the worst flea market brand since they occasionally make something that does rated power but I certainly wouldn't suggest paying Canada prices for that.
SFB series Sundown is legit, though your prices are a bit rough at least you have the 2 year warranty,
Your reputable shop is not very reputable if they are recommending hifonics.
He's in Canada. Outside USA there aren't much options.

1200 certified on extremely high voltage and no dynamic numbers dont matter, certified numbers do. Thats piss poor performance on a 350 dollar (at that time) amp. This is the same amp line you are thinking of getting. Keep in mind that was the quality of the older gen, the newer gen is worse and worse by the day.

This is a new current generation brutus rated for 1300 rms, costs 180 and only does 650 rms.

1200 certified on extremely high voltage and no dynamic numbers dont matter, certified numbers do. Thats piss poor performance on a 350 dollar (at that time) amp. This is the same amp line you are thinking of getting. Keep in mind that was the quality of the older gen, the newer gen is worse and worse by the day.

This is a new current generation brutus rated for 1300 rms, costs 180 and only does 650 rms.

Yeah seen these dyne vids not sure why the shop insisted on the hifonics and did not even bother mentioning the sundown sfb 1500 which they also had in stock

You can't go wrong with either that Orion XTR, the XTR series is a good series and the Sundown is legit. Idk why they would do that **** hifonics over a Sundown. That would be a red flag for me big time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.