Hifonics Brutus elite 35th anniversary

Tdotbass

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 24, 2020
Toronto
Im looking to build a setup with 2 sa12 750watt rms each and having a tough time deciding on a amp. A reputable car audio shop where i live suggest me using a hifonics brutus elite 35th edition (429.99 cad) 1700watt rms at 1ohm. I mentioned to them that hifonics has recently gone down in quality over the recent years and there amps are super overrated but they suggested this is hifonics higher end model and does indeed put out the number hifonics claims. Would like to know anyones thoughts or opinions
Otherwise looking at the sundown sfb 1500 (389.99 cad)

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Hifonics is over rated and is pretty much junk. Take that Sundown all day long, it will do what it says on the box unlike the Hifonics. Hifonics won't come close to what they claim at RMS.

Sundown will stand behind their warranty as well for 2 years, you don't see that in many amplifier companies anymore.

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
The hifonics is pretty but overrated. It’ll probably do 1200 rms tops at 1 ohm. Your reputable shop is not very reputable if they are recommending hifonics. Get the sundown as you’ll at least have a 2 year warranty

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Hifonics BRZ and BRX amps did rated power.

Reactions: Tdotbass

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
5,000+ posts
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
Hifonics BRZ and BRX amps did rated power.
and the
Im looking to build a setup with 2 sa12 750watt rms each and having a tough time deciding on a amp. A reputable car audio shop where i live suggest me using a hifonics brutus elite 35th edition (429.99 cad) 1700watt rms at 1ohm. I mentioned to them that hifonics has recently gone down in quality over the recent years and there amps are super overrated but they suggested this is hifonics higher end model and does indeed put out the number hifonics claims. Would like to know anyones thoughts or opinions
Otherwise looking at the sundown sfb 1500 (389.99 cad)
hifonics is worse than boss audio nowadays. especially their brutus elite... idk why they think they can charge so much for pure garbage that can barely do 2/3rds its rated power. The sundown will do its rated power and more. This is a no brainer.

Tdotbass

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 24, 2020
Toronto
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This would also work. A little cheaper than the Sundown, but a strong amp. View attachment 23612
This would also work. A little cheaper than the Sundown, but a strong amp. View attachment 23612
This is exactly the other amps i was considering had previous great experience with orion brand but its hard to source this amp in canada(toronto) even the shop said they have no clue when they will have them back in stock
Any suggestions?

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
hifonics has recently gone down in quality
Hifonics was good back when Mark Wahlburg was a boy band. The ones made in South Africa and the USA were good. They aren't the worst flea market brand since they occasionally make something that does rated power but I certainly wouldn't suggest paying Canada prices for that.
SFB series Sundown is legit, though your prices are a bit rough at least you have the 2 year warranty,
Your reputable shop is not very reputable if they are recommending hifonics.
He's in Canada. Outside USA there aren't much options.

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
5,000+ posts
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
1200 certified on extremely high voltage and no dynamic numbers dont matter, certified numbers do. Thats piss poor performance on a 350 dollar (at that time) amp. This is the same amp line you are thinking of getting. Keep in mind that was the quality of the older gen, the newer gen is worse and worse by the day.

This is a new current generation brutus rated for 1300 rms, costs 180 and only does 650 rms.

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
5,000+ posts
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
If you can, see what it would cost for you to get an taramps md 1800.1 shipped plus import fees to Canada, it might be cheaper than your current offerings or the same price but you get more power.

Tdotbass

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 24, 2020
Toronto
1200 certified on extremely high voltage and no dynamic numbers dont matter, certified numbers do. Thats piss poor performance on a 350 dollar (at that time) amp. This is the same amp line you are thinking of getting. Keep in mind that was the quality of the older gen, the newer gen is worse and worse by the day.

This is a new current generation brutus rated for 1300 rms, costs 180 and only does 650 rms.
Yeah seen these dyne vids not sure why the shop insisted on the hifonics and did not even bother mentioning the sundown sfb 1500 which they also had in stock

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Yeah seen these dyne vids not sure why the shop insisted on the hifonics and did not even bother mentioning the sundown sfb 1500 which they also had in stock
Maybe they are trying to get rid of stock or maybe they make more profit selling those?

Tdotbass

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 24, 2020
Toronto
Maybe they are trying to get rid of stock or maybe they make more profit selling those?
Yeah possibly im going to try and source a orion xtr and if that doesn't work out ima settle for the sundown sfb and definitely won't be buying hifonoics

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
You can't go wrong with either that Orion XTR, the XTR series is a good series and the Sundown is legit. Idk why they would do that shit hifonics over a Sundown. That would be a red flag for me big time.

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Those Orion prices went through the roof after the dyno vids.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Yep and I tried to get a XTR 2500.1 but no way am I paying 450 bucks for one. The XTR series is legit, idk if I would trust some of their other lines but that one oh yeah in a heartbeat. Old school Orion is also always good as well. Then again most companies back then were good and not the crap we deal with today.

Reactions: Clifff150

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
5,000+ posts
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
the hifonics is cheap chinese, so yes much higher profit margins.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Made a big mistake selling that thing. That is/was a better amplifier then the Taramps. Now you can't find them for less then 450 anywhere. I know I tried before settling on the Cab-22 2k.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
Made a big mistake selling that thing. That is/was a better amplifier then the Taramps. Now you can't find them for less then 450 anywhere. I know I tried before settling on the Cab-22 2k.
My car couldn't run it. You could've at least gave me some credit for getting it before the rush. I didn't want a $300 paper weight laying around. Your choices are limited with a 95 amp alternator and a 55 year old car. 4,050 rated rms. on a 95 amp alternator is respectable. The OP should get the Orion XTR1500 or a Smart3K.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds