Hifonics amp going into protect mode as soon as it gets any power

Participant count
  • Participant list

Melgoza96

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everyone I have a hifonics gemini elite 1900 watt amp pushing 2 10" kicker CVR's yes I know it's way to much power gains are not all the way up however whenever the amp gets any power wether the truck is in accessory or ON the amp goes straight to protection mode I've re ran all the wires changed all the fuses and still nothing I also checked with a test light and noticed even tho the amp is on (in protect mode) it's not sending power to the channel outputs is this a normal thing for protect mode ? Any thought on what might cause it to go into protect? Thanks

Which CVR's do you have, D4 or D2?
Even If dual 2 paralleled (.5) I'd think it wouldn't go into immediate protect but you never know.
It is a Hifonics after all... Idk if I'd believe any ratings regarding power output btw.
That amp is probably well within the power limits of those subs and if wired to 1ohm it's probably a different issue, but if you have dual 2 coils all paralleled (.5) I'd lean towards that 1st of all as being the issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.