hi/low converter help

Participant count
  • Participant list

nik8625

02 Montana. Got everything hooked up but no sound. I had to use a hi/lo converter trying to keep it looking like a factory stereo but cannot get sound through the rca's, I tried splicing into the front then the rear speakers from the rear of the deck both converters where grounded during install, they are 2 channel. One of the converters has the gain control the other doesn't (yes it's turned up). I have bought 2 now including rca's hoping it was just bad wires. Kicker 550.2 amp, just kenwood subs 1200 peak. Power light is on tested amp in friends vehicle, works fine. Just don't know why I cannot get sound through either converter with either set of rca's.

Put amp in HIGH level mode and run speakers directly into RCAs so you can test if amp/subs are working first. What model/make LOCs did you try?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.