Hi all... couple questions from a NEWB

Pretty basic shape, added the 2' strips to add volume without extending the height or width. May have to come off the bottom strip with the false floor... and are you talking about fans inside the "floor"?

IMG_0269.jpg

The whole trunk space is 11.25" high x 30.5" wide x 30" long... not alot of room to work with, but if you can come up with a slick design, that would be awesome. First time box builder, but I have done some carpentery work before.

MDF is pretty cheap, so if even I mess it up once or twice, I think I get it made...lol

Well, off for now or I may be getting the earlier suggestion of all the trunk, half of my crap split //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'll check in tommorow for more words of wisdom, and I will document the build, or tragedy, when I pick up the materials for it.

Thanks for the input so far!!

you're best bet, is to make a cut list on the wood, use a table saw, those cuts aren't very difficult to do.

and make sure you use glue, screws, and silicone!

Ya, hatch is tiny... didn't think it was that small till I got out the tape measure, scratch my head, grab a smoke, then remeasure.

Although, talking to tne wifey last night, she didn't like the idea of one. Said it would look funny, so keep your fingers crossed for total trunk domination. MUHAHAHAHA

ok, still working on the wife, but I need to be ready with answers in the meantime... so another question.

What is the need for 3/4 MDF? Is it the stability in the board itself? 2 boxes that will give 3 cubic feet of space outta 3/4 MDF will be heavy. My car feels different if my fat friend sits shotgun. LOL

Would it be possible to drop to 1/2 MDF with 2x2 reinforcers in all the edges to drop the weight, but still keep the rigidity fo the box? I do realize that would double the amount of silicone needed to seal the box.

Any info is appreciatated. And as this has pretty much become a box discussion, if a mod needs to move it... that's cool here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I got like... 30 ft^3
any chance I could see a pic of you hatch space, and the box you use? I am really looking for ideas //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.