hey man

That amp is probably:

1600 MAX @ 2ohm...

( Which is like: 800-900rms - IF THAT - @ 2ohm )

... You are gonna be at a 4OHM LOAD...

Which you'll prally see 400 - 600rms

... So why WOULDNT you do it? :/

I don't know what to do with these speakers I am lost I have them wired now 370x2@2 ohms but I have 2 12s they are 375 rms 750 peak which wired together is 750 rms and 1500 peak so I am trying to get the most out of them without blowing them within 6 mons to a year so let me know what I should do my amp is 310x2@4 ohms 370x2@2 ohms 740x1 mono or 1600 max bridged

if you wire your speakers in series ( 8ohm for each speaker ) and bridge them both @ the amp... You are goin' to hear a difference!.... There's no need for you to get another amp right now if you're not going to upgrade!

Sense you have (2) dual 4ohm subwoofers... You need to do the following:

1) connect voicecoil 1 ( whichever one that you choose to be #1 ) take the positive of and connect it to voicecoil #2's negative!

2) run voicecoil #1's negative & voicecoil #2's positive out to your amp ( bridge mode )

3) do the exact same thing to subwoofer #2...

When both subwoofers are connected in bridge mode @ the amp...

... You will be at a 4ohm load!
^^^^^ this

rms wise: i'd say 650-720 watts @ 4ohm.

... Right now you hae the amp running at 2ohm STEREO load. ( It's a 2ohm Stereo Stable Amp... )

When you do as I said previously - you'll be @ a 4ohm MONO load. ( The amp is STABLE at 4ohm BRIDGED! )

... So - do it - ENJOY!

if I wire them that way that will be pushed to both of them I will be to close to my peak and I am going to hurt them speakers won't I when you bridge a speaker it drops the ohms on the speaker doesn't it

is there a way to wire them together so that way when I bridge the they will have a 4 ohm load bridge on my amp is 1600 max bridged at 2 ohms I m trying to get the most out of my speakers that i can without buy an amp and without hurting my speakers my amp is 310x2@4 ohms, 370x2@2 ohms, 740 mono, 1600 bridged max it is a power acoustik ov2-1600 what can i do my speakers right now have a 2 ohm load I'm trying not to buy an amp but make my speakers hit harder they hit hard now and clean but I want more out of them speakers are 2 audiopipe 12 inch

I guess i really need just one wire coming out of my box instead of hooking them up separate because if I hook them up like homeboy said to hook them up I think I would end up 6 mons to a year from now blowing them because I would be to close to my peak

DUDE!

... you aren't gonna get NO WHERE NEAR 1600 WATTS!

I feel lke my intellience is being insulted... lol!

SIMPLE MATH!

... What's the Amp's power ratings @ 4ohm BRIDGED???

Answer: 740...

... What's 375 x ( times ) 2????

Answer: 750...

* This is what your subwoofers are rated to HANDLE!

(SUBWOOFER RMS * 2) - (AMP's RMS @ 4ohm BRIDGED ) =

* ^^^ IS THE FORMULA! ^^^ *

now PLUG IT IN!

(750) - (740) = -10

MEANING!!!!!

... YOU ARE GOING TO BE " 10 " WATTS UNDER YOUR RATED HANDLING POWER...

GOSH DARNNIT!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.