running a fi q 18 with a aq1200d, now things get iffy

JuniorSPL
10+ year member

Cali
i say they get iffy because i really dont know other than running 0 gauge what i will need for my install, my box is built and ready to go, sealed 7cuft give or take a lil for bracing and sub displacement. i was told by a local audio store that i would be needing around 45ft 0 gauge, power and ground and then big 3, then 2 distribution blocks, upgrade my batt terminal + connector to 2 0 gauge and 2 8gauge slots but for - im not sure what id need cuz my car runs off 8 and then id need 0 for the big 3 but yea a lil confused there. i have a jeep grand cherokee stock alt so yea any help is greatly appreciated

Don't think you would need 45ft of power and ground either unless they wanna do overkill and run power AND ground front to back. You got the space, PORT that *****. The Q gets down.

i am goin for sq mainly but i am gonna make a kerf port for it later on down the road(like a month after i install the sealed just to compare them), so would 2gauge be good enough?should i jsut measure out my old cable and see how long that is for the power to the amp and then do like 10ft for the big 3? and what about the other things because i am wanting to get my sub installed sunday and my friend is gonna help me along with his friend who does actual installs but since i dont have his number im still in the dark about this stuff, please help guys

i am goin for sq mainly but i am gonna make a kerf port for it later on down the road(like a month after i install the sealed just to compare them), so would 2gauge be good enough?should i jsut measure out my old cable and see how long that is for the power to the amp and then do like 10ft for the big 3? and what about the other things because i am wanting to get my sub installed sunday and my friend is gonna help me along with his friend who does actual installs but since i dont have his number im still in the dark about this stuff, please help guys
I had a 12" Q in a sealed box and its was "OK" and when i put that faucker in a 2.5 cu.ft tuned to 33hz it was still VERY clean and was ALOT louder!

If you were prepared to go 1/0 gauge anyway, I'd go ahead and get it in case of upgrades later. Its not NEEDED, but wont hurt. Yeah measure your old power wire and get that much +10-12 feet more for the big 3.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.