Hey I'm new to cars and was looking to build a box for my mini

Participant count
  • Participant list

Promethblunt
10+ year member

I have an 07' Mini Cooper and was looking for help building a box I want it to cover the bottom area of my trunk space. The dimensions are 15in length 36 1/2in width and 6in depth. I want to just put a 10 and an amp in it. If you guys could please give me some suggestions it'd be real helpful. Also if you guys know how to add lighting that'd be sick!

Depending on what sub and amp you use, you can do a box/amp rack all in one and use some plexi or just open spaces with some neon hidden from view, but still gives off a glow. Is 6" on depth really the deepest you can go? That won't leave much for sub depth at all.

looks like you have a bit more depth then you think. Could you remeasure or take pictures while doing it? I have done a set of 8s and a single 10" with amp rack in the back of a few with out much problem.

If you are trying to stay down by the tool try and flush with the floor you will be limited to a shallow mount sub and a sealed enclosure. You can mount the amp on the box in an amp rack style setup or behind the rear right panel.

You can sit the box to were it will sit about 3/4 of an inch shy of being flush with your floor and then make a trim panel to flush it out.

Is it 6" to be flush with the rear trim?

Also, what kind of output are you wanting? A setup with a shallow mount sub will have good sound but will not be very loud though.

Someone can probably give you blueprints for a box but you will have to figure out what sub you want first. Give us a budget you want to work with. This will include a subwoofer, an amp, wiring, fuses, fuse holders, distribution blocks, materials for the box etc. Once you do that we can figure out what size to build the box to. Sealed boxes are much easier to build than ported because you don't have to worry about corners and port length and all that stuff. Sealed is just a box and thats it. Look in this section of the forum to see how people put together boxes and it should help you figure out how to do it yourself. But first is getting the sub, so give us that budget you are working with.

Also are you looking for spl: loud, or sq: sound quality?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.