hey i really need quick help PLEEEZZZ

jaygeorge1979
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hey this is my problem,

i helped my friend install his amp a couple of days ago...all went well...untill the next morning...his battery was dead. I told him it must be an alternator or battery prob but he said that he thinks I have it wired to be on all of the time, therefore running down his battery overnight. I have the power wire 8 gauge running directly to the battery and the system control wire (the light blue wire on an aftermarket stereo) to the AC switch...it only works witht the car on and I used the voltage tester to prove it. and when he turns the car off the LED power light turns off also...is it possible that even though the LED was off that the power wire still ran down the battery??? or was he slowly burning up the battery while he drove around for 2 hours after the install...his car is a late 80's mazda...little japanese car....needs inspection maybe bad alt or bad battery or maybe he needs a cap even though it is only a 200 watt max amp. please help soon i need to help him......thanks:banghead: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I am betting it was probably the load of the amp pushing the battery and or alternator to its last leg. Have both of those checked out and it should be fine. Nothing more you can do than troubleshoot and it seems you already have done that. Next step thru process of elimination is to check out the battery and the alternator. Check them out and let us know how it comes out if you have any more problems

The same exact thing happened to me a couple days ago. I didn't screw the negative battery cable on tight enough. So, just make sure both cables are screwed on tight. If both are, I really don't know so listen to Alaxan. He knows what he's talking about. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

he prob.. has a crap battery! i have a 1000W 4 channel amp and no cap and my bat is always ok!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

yea but his car is an old mazda.....like 87 or something...little bitty car...and he hasnt gone in for his 150,000 mile inspection...so i will make him go this week...cool though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.