amp wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

tim-mania
10+ year member

I've been having trouble with my amp goinjg into protection mode, i explained it to the guy at the car audio store i go to, he said i need bigger wire. So I've wired up my deck to my amp with a thin REM wire, and the amp to the battery using 8 guage wire, and grounded it to the frame of the car with 8 guage wire. However, it still goes into protection mode. I just hooked all thsi up tonight without attaching the RCA cables or the subwoofer to the amp just to see if it would recive power and not go into protection mode. Does it have to be completely hooked up to for the amp to stop being in this mode? Thanks to whomever helps me out.

Having spoke with you already on MSN I still suggest bringing the amp back. From the way you told me you had it set up it should not be in that protection mode. It is likely the amp is bad and needs to be replaced.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.