Hey, i need your advice. Did i do this right? lol MB Quart system

Participant count
  • Participant list

levitayelor

okay. im not a pro at this stuff but im trying to learn. I want 4 ohms to each speaker. i don't care about loudness or bass i jus want a clean and good quality sounding system. i know the in dash navigation system may not be practical but its what i got. I think the diagram i drew up is correct but im not sure. any suggestions? and from the amp to the speakers what should i use 8 gauge wire? idk. ANY help would be appreciated guys. THANKS!!

Stereo AVIC-U310BT

Amp ONX4.60

6.5 FKA-116

6X9 FTA-169

u would use 8gauge for power and ground wire for the amp, but u speaker wire u only need like 16 gauge. if u buy speakers they might come with wire

Thanks! =] So what your sayin is i need 16 gauge going from my stereo to my amp. but from my amp to my speakers i need 8 gauge. and also 8 gauge from the battery to the amp and ground for the amp? do i need a fuse between the battery and the amp? im sorry about all the questions.

No, run 8 guage from the battery to the amp and fuse it within 18 inches of the battery with a 30-50 amp fuse. Then run an 8 gauge from the amp into the chassis (ground)...for all of your speakers run 16 gauge

Thanks! =] So what your sayin is i need 16 gauge going from my stereo to my amp. but from my amp to my speakers i need 8 gauge. and also 8 gauge from the battery to the amp and ground for the amp? do i need a fuse between the battery and the amp? im sorry about all the questions.
You will need RCA cables to connect the stereo to the amp, two if you want the ability to fade f-r. You will also need a 16-18 gauge wire to run from the blue/white wire on stereo to the remote on the amp. Then like the others said 8 gauge for the power and ground and 16 gauge speaker wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.