remote wire toggle switch

Participant count
  • Participant list

elancohen92
10+ year member

F**k yeah I drive a Soul!
So i randomly bought an on/off switch from lowes when i was picking up some wood yesterday. I want to wire it to my remote so i can turn my subs on and off. how would i do this? the switch has 2 wires coming out of it. so let me know whatcha think, im going to start my build really soon.

So i randomly bought an on/off switch from lowes when i was picking up some wood yesterday. I want to wire it to my remote so i can turn my subs on and off. how would i do this? the switch has 2 wires coming out of it. so let me know whatcha think, im going to start my build really soon.
uh, stick the switch somewhere in your remote wire going to your amps? lol

If it only has two wires it should be as simple as adding the switch inline between your radio and your sub amp in the remote turn on line. Basically one wire is an input and one is an output. If its only an on off switch and isn't lighted you can't really hook it up wrong as long as its connected inline in the remote turn on lead. Doesn't sound like it is lighted if it only has two terminals/ wires .

i can honestly say i know how to answer this...

run your remote from the deck into it, and run your remote to your amp from the other terminal.. since theres no power going thru it(other than remote) there is no need for a ground or power going into it. if you had one of the light up ones then youll need to ground it. outside of that thats all it is. wire your remote from deck into it, and wire the remote from switch to amp. voila your done

If it only has two wires it should be as simple as adding the switch inline between your radio and your sub amp in the remote turn on line. Basically one wire is an input and one is an output. If its only an on off switch and isn't lighted you can't really hook it up wrong as long as its connected inline in the remote turn on lead. Doesn't sound like it is lighted if it only has two terminals/ wires .
**** you beat me to it.

shoot i seem like an idiot right now, when i posted this last night i wasnt thinking right i guess. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.