Do you think they could work with each other?

Participant count
  • Participant list

carefree81

Hi! Soon I'm planning to upgrade my stock car audio (Audi A6 2002). I want to buy:

Alpine iDA-X305S (with KTP-445 Power Pack)

4 speakers Hertz HSK 165

Alpine SWR-1243D powerd by Alpine MRP-F300 amplifier in my custom made enclosure

Pioneer XDV-P6 DVD changer.

Now the question is. Is the Alpine in-dash unit able to control/comunicate with the Pioneer changer? I could put them both in my dashboard if they worked with each other (I don't want to put the changer into the gloves compartmenr/trunk, there's also no space under the sits).

The second question is what do you think about my configuration?

The third one: The Alpine unit has USB port in rear. I'm planning to connect an external HDD to this, lets say 200GB. I found out that it can read only FAT 16/24/32 partitions. As I know the FAT32 can not be larger than 32GB. Do you thing it could handle multiple partitions on the HDD? I have "little bit" of songs, so I will need much more than 32GB of space.

If not, do you know any well playing in-dash unit that is able to read HDDs with NTFS system? (It can be even with motorized large touch screen, but 1 DIN, eventualy double din with ability to read CDs/DVDs)

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

carefree81

carefree81
Chicago, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
carefree81