hertz mlk 165 vs hertz m2

you can. However youd have to get another crossover, or if you're going active another channel(s). You can buy individual drivers from hertz. For the mille line you would use the 6.5 for the midbass the tweeter for highs, & you would buy the ml500r for the midrange.
well, i didn't get invited to that sq comp. i really wanted to hear those mlk165's. oh well, maybe next time.

i think i'm gonna just go get the fvckers.

Has anyone had any experience with the MLK3 system? I know the MLK165's are supposed to be awesome. I'm going to go and audition the MLK 165's this week but I am ultimately looking at either the MLK2's or MLK3's. Any Feedback???
I have the MLK3's in my Tahoe and all I can say is wow. the 6.5's have a ton of midbass more than I thought I would hear. To give you a reference as to what other systems I am currently running so I know what I speak of. Bimmer: Rainbow Plats with Vanadium 5 1/4"s midrange, Profi Vanadium 12's Sinfoni. xB: Dyn system 362 with upgraded tweet to md130, 4 critical mass ss8's Tru billet 4100 (3)

O.P if you have not bought those 165's for 450 you are nuts. Get them and get them quick I assure you will not be disappointed.

seriously.....the MLK165s for 450 is a no brainer. If you do not like them, I know many on the forum will buy them from you at that price.

I have not had the chance to listen to the MLK2s (Hertz top-top of the line), but I can tell you that the MLK 165s have no problems in the mid-bass department and I heard them un-EQed on a sound board, so in a car they should be unreal.

Compared to the High Energies they have a lot more midbass "punch" which is what it sounds like you are going for. I felt that the High Energies we a little more open sounding in the upper midrange octaves, but I still felt the High Energies had a very decent sounding midbass response.

Moral of story....for $450---- buy,buy,buy

seriously.....the MLK165s for 450 is a no brainer. If you do not like them, I know many on the forum will buy them from you at that price.
I have not had the chance to listen to the MLK2s (Hertz top-top of the line), but I can tell you that the MLK 165s have no problems in the mid-bass department and I heard them un-EQed on a sound board, so in a car they should be unreal.

Compared to the High Energies they have a lot more midbass "punch" which is what it sounds like you are going for. I felt that the High Energies we a little more open sounding in the upper midrange octaves, but I still felt the High Energies had a very decent sounding midbass response.

Moral of story....for $450---- buy,buy,buy
yeah, i'm gonna jump on it. i don't know why i questioned this. i've been wanting these speakers since i first seen them.

kinda like when i seen anna nicole smith for the first time. i wanted her soo fvcken bad when i first laid eyes on her. even though she's dead, i'd still dig her up just to **** on those big *******. everybody....

I WANNA FVCK ANNA NICOLE SMITH!!!!!

I've listened to both pairs, i bought the MLK 165's running on an JL Audio HD600/4 and it sounds awesome. i heard both pairs on the Audison THESIS amp and the MLK 2's are way better for metal music, they are alot more sharp and clear then the 165's, the 165's have more of a smooth sound to them and vocals and acoustics sound amazing but metal isnt as defined. go with the MLK 2's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.