hertz mlk 165 vs hertz m2

i've been wanting to do my own d.i.y. system but today i found a super sweet deal on some hertz mlk 165's. they don't carry the mlk 165's in stock- soo, i couldn't listen to them. does anybody have any experience with the mlk 165's? what's the huge diffierence in sound between the mlk 165's and m2's? i know the m2's come with a ribbon tweeter. i listen to mostly metal, so i'm looking for a compoenet that will really crank and provide a decent amount of midbass.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

$450 is a very very good deal then lol, get them bad boys!
i have one problem.... i like to crank tha fvck out. i don't think a 2-way system is gonna work. been doing 2 ways since the beginning of my car audio guru journey and i've never been satisfied. sux!!!

dude hook me up with that price then
i listened to some hertz high energies powered by a audison and wasn't too impressed. lacked in midbass- the tweets were very detailed. i'm all about hearing kick-drum and midbass coming out of a rhythum guitar. if i can't have that i'll be severly disappointed. now for you kids that listen to nothing but rap the high energies will be perfect for you

i dont listen to rap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif (often)

the hertz have more than enough midbass, they are SQ drivers. What you are asking is something with a shitton of midbass that you can feel. I suggest you go the DIY route...going 3way and u pick the drivers. You will be more satisfied. get some dedicated midbass drivers. My favorite midbassdrivers i have ever heard has to be the Adire Extremiis but they are no longer in business. best of luck man

The hertz hsk's have some great midbass. amazing.
seriously, the mids weren't all that. we played with the eq for almost an hour trying to get them to sound decent for metal. didn't happen. metallica, dimmu borgir, slayer, and danzing- all sound shallow, and totally lacking midbass.

i will say the guitar leads sounded pretty good. very nice sounding tweeter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.