hertz mlk 165 vs hertz m2

seriously, the mids weren't all that. we played with the eq for almost an hour trying to get them to sound decent for metal. didn't happen. metallica, dimmu borgir, slayer, and danzing- all sound shallow, and totally lacking midbass.
i will say the guitar leads sounded pretty good. very nice sounding tweeter
what kind of install did you hear them in?

what kind of install did you hear them in?
i want say what shop but it was done in a demo car. fully eq'd and powered by some very nice audison amps. this was by far not a simple set-up. dude, i'm a musician i know what music is suppose to sound like. the mids on the high energies had zero kick-drum and no bass coming from the guitar. it wasn't the amps, or the install. remember, this is their lowest line. i've read several reviews about the mlk 165's- what i'm hearing now from y'all about the high energies is what i read about the mlk165's.

High Energy is not their lowest line //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

from highest to lowest

- Mille

- High Energy

- Energy

- Dieci

- Space ( i dont know what these would be classified as, they are their shallow drivers; so i'll just break it into another category)

the mlk you speak of is there highest 2-way line

High Energy is not their lowest line //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

from highest to lowest

- Mille

- High Energy

- Energy

- Dieci

- Space ( i dont know what these would be classified as, they are their shallow drivers; so i'll just break it into another category)

the mlk you speak of is there highest 2-way line
whatever... i guess. i was just putting my 2 cents in. last time i checked i wanted to hear about a comparison between the mlk's and the m2's. everybody started talking about the high energies and sh!t. people get off topic a lot here.

whatever... i guess. i was just putting my 2 cents in. last time i checked i wanted to hear about a comparison between the mlk's and the m2's. everybody started talking about the high energies and sh!t. people get off topic a lot here.
if you are from Htown I may give you an invite to our sq meet coming up soon. You can hear the midbass for yourself. I'll even turn off the sub and put it on full range for you.

Has anyone had any experience with the MLK3 system? I know the MLK165's are supposed to be awesome. I'm going to go and audition the MLK 165's this week but I am ultimately looking at either the MLK2's or MLK3's. Any Feedback???

Has anyone had any experience with the MLK3 system? I know the MLK165's are supposed to be awesome. I'm going to go and audition the MLK 165's this week but I am ultimately looking at either the MLK2's or MLK3's. Any Feedback???
seems like everyone here is got more experience with the high energies. i wonder if you ran with the mlk165's could you add a dedicated midbass later. will the 6.5 midrange play high enough to compensate for the midbass driver

seems like everyone here is got more experience with the high energies. i wonder if you ran with the mlk165's could you add a dedicated midbass later. will the 6.5 midrange play high enough to compensate for the midbass driver
you can. However youd have to get another crossover, or if you're going active another channel(s). You can buy individual drivers from hertz. For the mille line you would use the 6.5 for the midbass the tweeter for highs, & you would buy the ml500r for the midrange.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.