Hertz HSK-165 vs MLK-165

If anyone is really considering this stuff and wants to know like exact specific differences, you can hit me up on aim. I've dealt with these speakers enough IMO so I can attempt to explain what I've heard =P. Same name as here.

I love how my thread keeps getting resurected...
Now in reference to the ID OEM's... which are you saying is better? the MLK or the HSK?

Bottomline from my reading in the HSK vs MLK department is if you have enough power... get the MLK's as they sound like supreme ass with too low power. HSK's are good for the money though...

just power them with the number the manufacturer print on the magnet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yes with HSK it's for mid range "budget" type and can get really good.

With MLK , it's just a power hungry comps just feed them with the maximal rating power or over power that maximal ratings with no problem. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

me and viet probably write up a good comparison between hertz MLk and HSK soon we now found the cars that has both speakers to be reviewed.

If anyone is really considering this stuff and wants to know like exact specific differences, you can hit me up on aim. I've dealt with these speakers enough IMO so I can attempt to explain what I've heard =P. Same name as here.
i would like to know exact specific differences...

i can't wait till my car is done, so i can give the MLK/HSK a review myself!

hopefully soon, im just waiting on huy to get started on my car...
specific things -> mid detail/tweeter difference
From my listening in a demo board the MLK's tweeter is much smoother then the HSK's. The HSK's in comparision sound really harsh.

The mid's are quite a bit more detailed however they were underpowered so they sounded muddy in the demo board... Can't wait to hear some properly amped.

bamaboy got me thinking MLK2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
nah man MLK3 is better with the ribbon. I don't know who has them though i want to have an audition with them .... the hertz thing can't compare to my 40$ PX100 headphone from Sennheiser ... what's wrong?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused: LOL

nah man MLK3 is better with the ribbon. I don't know who has them though i want to have an audition with them .... the hertz thing can't compare to my 40$ PX100 headphone from Sennheiser ... what's wrong?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused: LOL
lmao, i dont want a 3way setup for the g37 lol, but then again i heard a set of k2p's 3way in the factory location in a g37, sounded nice, id do the 3way hertz in a g37 but the mid wont fit in the factory location lol.

ive played with pretty much all of them that have 6.5" except the MLK3's on the display and in cars

HSK, on the display boards, are a tad bit heavy in the mid range freqs, more efficient

MLK are alot smoother, "brighter" tweeter, not harsh, just more in your face, midbass is close on the displays, edge going to MLKs

but your looking at a 2x+ increase in price, on their own, both sound good on their own, just when u put them together, u can tell the differences

our demo room before it was finished, have the glass in there now where the boxes are, u cant really see it, but mlk2 is the bottom piece

ive played with pretty much all of them that have 6.5" except the MLK3's on the display and in cars
HSK, on the display boards, are a tad bit heavy in the mid range freqs, more efficient

MLK are alot smoother, "brighter" tweeter, not harsh, just more in your face, midbass is close on the displays, edge going to MLKs

but your looking at a 2x+ increase in price, on their own, both sound good on their own, just when u put them together, u can tell the differences

our demo room before it was finished, have the glass in there now where the boxes are, u cant really see it, but mlk2 is the bottom piece

nice room , your opinions is pretty straight forward for what ppl are looking at. I agree on your opinion on the tweeter and woofer of MLK is little bit brighter not harsh and smoother on the mids.

I installed my MLK's yesterday and I have 200 w running to each set from a bridged Orion 4 channel amp. I am very impressed to say the least. I believe the speakers have quite a bit of midbass but the 200 watts is Massive loosely-regulated MOSFET power supply so hopefully the comps are getting 200+ watts.

PA030006.jpg

lots of deadening and looks like mid is sealed good, let them break in for a bit and they will sound a good bit better, mlk's are awsome speakers

where are the tweeters mounted at? pics?

The tundra came with the JBL system (crap) but they have a spot for them on top of the door near the pillar aimed at the middle of the truck. I used the MLK's plastic bracket and hot glued the tweets in. I can take a picture next time I'm out there!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.