heres my box, i'm almost done.

so this thread was a joke...

if you use the shorter port wall first how the hell are you gonna

compensate for the mounting depth of the sub... genius...

and dont say you are gonna screw it down diagonally like you have

it in the picture... the port width needs to be maintained the whole

length...

i suggest you roll some weed up with your notes and smoke it... because

thats all your notes seem to be good for...

listen to REQ and the others in this thread who have tried to HELP you...

dam aren't we the critics.

People dont read just post, tsk tsk..

Now i'm not sure if i want to add in this extra piece right here are not, if i do i have to cut it at an angle because the subs depth is more than my ports length.
wow, you just said the exact same thing.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

essentially i saw a design, like the one i posted. With the extra piece and wanted to see how it sounded, but as i said, the depth of the subs is greater than my ports length. Now all i said was idk if i should use it or not, that extra piece was an ad on by myself.

I used those dimensions as external dimensions. And used .24 for each driver displacement. Just a rough guess they are 18's right?

And the tuning is what around 33-35hz with that 6.75" port. Now that EXTRA piece you said you should use or not, threw us all off. When you design a box you don't have extra pieces to throw in there. Nor should you be even thinking about throwing extra crap in there.

If I was correct on them being 18's. That box has some serious design issues with bracing. THERE IS NONE!

You need to reinforce those walls. They are very thin and that box is so large it needs to remain as rigid as possible, so bracing is a must.

You need to make sure that your port has an even width all the way around. not at an angle from the base like you have in that picture. It looks good besides that.

i'll just reinforce them at the edges, and maybe 2 pieces from top to bottom.

It did say extra piece.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.