Help

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a Kenwood ddx793 headunit. I installed it last summer, and it has been doing great. Today I pulled it out to hook up remote wire, and RCA cords to run subs. When I reinstalled the head unit in my car it wouldn't turn on, I checked all the wires and there fine, I checked the external fuse and everything is like it should be. I don't wanna buy a new headunit but I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

I have a Kenwood ddx793 headunit. I installed it last summer, and it has been doing great. Today I pulled it out to hook up remote wire, and RCA cords to run subs. When I reinstalled the head unit in my car it wouldn't turn on, I checked all the wires and there fine, I checked the external fuse and everything is like it should be. I don't wanna buy a new headunit but I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Uninstall everything you installed and see if that does it. Then just double check every single connection

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Also one other peculiar thing happened, my lock/unlock key pad for my car stopped working too. It worked before I took out my head unit, but it didn't work after. Not sure if these 2 problems are one connected or just an odd coincidence

Maybe you pulled a ground wire out of position. Try running another ground wire just to double check (to the head unit). This would include the other issue if they had the same grounding point behind the dash?

Just a simple guess

Last edited by a moderator:
ill bet its a easy fix you 're overlooking. recheck your wiring and check your ground. if still nothing try wiring it up directly to the battery and see if it comes on. Also on the fuse check continuity ive done visual inspections thinking the fuse was fine but it wasn't!

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Also one other peculiar thing happened, my lock/unlock key pad for my car stopped working too. It worked before I took out my head unit, but it didn't work after. Not sure if these 2 problems are one connected or just an odd coincidence
i'm guessing its a fuse..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.