help!!!

lildrt1

OK I have upgraded to a new amp installed it today ...from a power acoustic 1260 watt amp to a hifonics 3000 watt amp upgraded my wiring from an 8 gauge power wire and ground to a 0 gauge power and ground all hooked up to Memphis mojo 12s ....my problem is that I have hardly any sound from my subs ...connection seems to be fine.. messed with the gain and other knobs got a lil bit of sound but surely it should be a whole lot louder being that it has almost 1800 more watts running to them ...what are my options yo fix this I'm clueless now ...thanks

OK I have upgraded to a new amp installed it today ...from a power acoustic 1260 watt amp to a hifonics 3000 watt amp upgraded my wiring from an 8 gauge power wire and ground to a 0 gauge power and ground all hooked up to Memphis mojo 12s ....my problem is that I have hardly any sound from my subs ...connection seems to be fine.. messed with the gain and other knobs got a lil bit of sound but surely it should be a whole lot louder being that it has almost 1800 more watts running to them ...what are my options yo fix this I'm clueless now ...thanks
Did you pay attention to RMS power rather than what I assume are the Max Power settings? Please post complete specifications of BOTH amps, or links to a reputable site like sonic or the manufacturer site. If you know neither, please post full model numbers. My first guess is that you actually went down in power.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hifonics hfi3000d
RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 750 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 1500 watts x 1 chan.

1 ohms: 3000 watts x 1 chan.

Do you have your subs wired down to 1 ohm?

Dang it, my phone deleted part of what I wrote, no matter, what were the specs of the other amp?

I know this may sound bad but with my buddies 3000 we had to turn every setting on the amp to almost 100 percent to get any performance but on the flip side it never clipped.

The old amp is 220x2 at 4 ohms non bridged as how they were hooked up and the subs are wired at 4 ohms I believe
Wait... So you went from running a 2 channel amp to running a mono block? How are the subs connected now? If you have both the wires on the single terminal and each sub is wired to 4 ohms, you're actually running at 2 ohms and should be getting 1500 watts, now with that being said, definitely need more info, are the subs dual voice coil? If yes, what is each coils ohm rating? I've never ran Hifonics before, but the guy above said they had to max out the amp, have you tried that? Also, at 1500 watts that amp will be drawing A LOT of power, you upgraded your wiring, but can your alternator even produce the necessary power in the first place?

The terminals are the same as the old amp ....alternator may be it I can check that ..I have maxed everything 100% already and still there is no real drastic change like I said there's no way my old amp could be putting more sound out than this amp

The terminals are the same as the old amp ....alternator may be it I can check that ..I have maxed everything 100% already and still there is no real drastic change like I said there's no way my old amp could be putting more sound out than this amp
I guess I'm confused, you said the old amp did 220 x 2 unbridged which implies it was a 2 channel amp. The model hifonics amp that you said you have is a class D monoblock and only has one channel, so it can't possibly have the same terminals as the old amp, it only has one set and the other amp has 2 sets. Please clarify.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.