Help...

so basically for a starter system i just need 2 full ranges and a subwoofer? (1) (not 100% sure if i'll use my rl-p for home audio) so then the cd player will hook up to the receiver (2), and the receiver will power the speakers? (3)
1) Yes

2) Yes, as well as a DVD player, VCR, any other external sources you might want to use...

3) Yes

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so now how do i hook this **** up? thinking i might go with a 10" rl-i since i don't want tons of bass. would building a subwoofer enclosure be the same as car audio? also what are good cd players and receivers? i'm assuming denon is a decent cd player. also what do i look for in a receiver or cd player?

so now how do i hook this **** up? thinking i might go with a 10" rl-i since i don't want tons of bass. would building a subwoofer enclosure be the same as car audio? also what are good cd players and receivers? i'm assuming denon is a decent cd player. also what do i look for in a receiver or cd player?
Hook up is fairly simple, not hardly as complex as doing a car install. Speaker wire from receiver to speakers, RCAs or composite/fiber optic cables from the receiver to the cd player and/or DVD player. Denon is excellent. In receivers, you really cannot go wrong with the ones today. They are made for HT though, so you get more useless features as the price goes up. As for the sub...

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=123325&page=3

Most recent post by me.

-Dave

Hook up is fairly simple, not hardly as complex as doing a car install. Speaker wire from receiver to speakers, RCAs or composite/fiber optic cables from the receiver to the cd player and/or DVD player. Denon is excellent. In receivers, you really cannot go wrong with the ones today. They are made for HT though, so you get more useless features as the price goes up. As for the sub...
http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=123325&page=3

Most recent post by me.

-Dave
Yeah, Dave....'cause this will be extremely helpful for someone wanting to know about all things home audio related.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

j/p d00d //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Swiss cheese box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

No, you don't have to build that, even though that box is braced like none other. You really don't "look for specs" in a receiver per se, since they aren't made for the best MUSICAL quality. They are made for home theater, unless you get a 2 channel.

Swiss cheese box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
No, you don't have to build that, even though that box is braced like none other. You really don't "look for specs" in a receiver per se, since they aren't made for the best MUSICAL quality. They are made for home theater, unless you get a 2 channel.

so when they say channel, that's how many things you can hook into them or how many speaker outputs it has? also could i just build a standard sealed box and throw it in my room?

get a 200 buck setup from walmart if u dont want anything big.

well that is basically like what i already have. i want more depth and i want some bass, but not as loud as my car. i mean i don't want to rattle the dishes in the kitchen

so lets so i amp these speakers, it would go cd player > receiver> amp> speakers. when does a preamp come in? anyone got aim who would want to help with this ****? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

ice, you've got a pm sir.

It would go like this...

source device (cd player, tv, mp3 player, dvd)---->receiver---->*sub/plateamp*----->mains

*If you have a sub setup

The receiver is the amp.

You don't need a preamp for what your running, If you run individualized pieces, you need a preamp, but if your using a receiver, you don't need one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.