help with wiring my subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
You have 2 speakers that are dual voice coil. Each coil is a 4 ohm load.. So you in essence have 4 - 4ohm speakers..

As stated in using all coils on all speakers you could end up with one of the following combinations...

Option 1: If you connect the + together and - together on one speaker (series connecting both voice coils), do this on both speakers, then the resulting wires take the + of one and connect it to the - of the other.. The two remaining wires are you + and - you connect to your amp will give you a 4 ohm load..

Option 2: If you do the opposite and series connect the individual speaker then the resulting wires left connect both postiives together and negatives together at the amp.. That will give you a 4 ohm load..

Option 3: If you connected all the + together and all the - together on all the terminals you would end up 1 ohm

Option 4: If you connected + of one speaker to the - of the next (series) you would end up with 16 ohm

Lastly, I leave you with this.. An online Ohm Calculator..

>>Speaker Impedance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.