Help with winisd

mikedavis2673

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ca
Had to call American Bass about t/s parameters for my set of XR10D4 subwoofers. They got em to me super fast, but this is the first time I've used win isd and I'm having issues. I cannot get the driver saved to start a project, it said error when I tried to save them. I recall hearing that they need to be input in the right order or something. I'd be grateful if anyone can help me to get this driver saved into winisd so I can design some boxes.
SPECS XR-10D4.JPG

Last edited:
Make sure you are entering the correct measurement ( ie grams,kilogram etc. you can change the measurement by clicking on it)and there are some parameters you want to let the program automatically enter. Double check if the parameter is the same or at least very close to what you have when the program automatically enters it in. This will be a clue that you’ve done something wrong if it’s way off. Easiest way to tell you if it’s going to auto enter is after you enter the first couple of parameters tab and see if the program does it for you if it doesn’t go back and enter it before going to the next. Iirr you need to enter qes qms fs vas mms re Xmax pe and number of voice coils. The rest of them the program should do it for you.
It’s been a while since I’ve used winisd (use bass box pro) so my memory could be a little off but hopefully this helps.

Hopefully a/b gave you a detailed list of parameters to simplify things for you.

Are you using Pro?
I found this in the help section:

The suggested procedure for entering driver parameters is following (check first that "Auto calculate unknowns" option is checked):

1. Enter Mms and Cms

This gives fs. If either is not available, then enter fs and other parameter.

2. Enter Sd, Bl and Re

Now, you should get all but Qms (and Qts), Vas. Please note that Vas may not match exactly what is specified by manufacturer, because exact value of Vas depends on environmental parameters. See FAQ.

3. Enter Rms or Qms.

Either one will do, although I tend to prefer Qms over Rms, because it can usually be measured in driver measurement procedures.

4. Enter Hc, Hg and Pe.

If Hc or Hg or either is available, then enter Xmax and optionally either Hc or Hg if available.

5. Enter number of voicecoils.

This procedure is most accurate. Also note that it also calculates true SPL (1W/1m) value. So it might not match the marketing SPL value, which is generally somewhat vague. Not in all cases, though.

6. Correct Znom, if necessary.

Are you using Pro?
I found this in the help section:

The suggested procedure for entering driver parameters is following (check first that "Auto calculate unknowns" option is checked):

1. Enter Mms and Cms

This gives fs. If either is not available, then enter fs and other parameter.

2. Enter Sd, Bl and Re

Now, you should get all but Qms (and Qts), Vas. Please note that Vas may not match exactly what is specified by manufacturer, because exact value of Vas depends on environmental parameters. See FAQ.

3. Enter Rms or Qms.

Either one will do, although I tend to prefer Qms over Rms, because it can usually be measured in driver measurement procedures.

4. Enter Hc, Hg and Pe.

If Hc or Hg or either is available, then enter Xmax and optionally either Hc or Hg if available.

5. Enter number of voicecoils.

This procedure is most accurate. Also note that it also calculates true SPL (1W/1m) value. So it might not match the marketing SPL value, which is generally somewhat vague. Not in all cases, though.

6. Correct Znom, if necessary.
Thank you man, this is the kinda **** I was looking for. So last night btw I scored two SoundQubed HDS3 15's and a skar RP2000.1d

Ain't fitting in my seventh gen civic so I gotta buy a beater and slap that **** in there.
20200410_113722.jpg
20200410_113844.jpg

Nice subs. I've just been running a single 12 for the last several years. Just sold my ride. New suv has stock Alpine (and I'm old) so not sure I'm going to do another install 😕

Had to call American Bass about t/s parameters for my set of XR10D4 subwoofers. They got em to me super fast, but this is the first time I've used win isd and I'm having issues. I cannot get the driver saved to start a project, it said error when I tried to save them. I recall hearing that they need to be input in the right order or something. I'd be grateful if anyone can help me to get this driver saved into winisd so I can design some boxes. View attachment 21179
Thank you for this, they're hard to get responses via email from. EDIT: Wait, HAHAHA i'm the guy north of you that traded you for that 10 :D

Winisd is a learning process, from parameter input, setup and results vs. real world. Best to contact a designer then learn from the design Imo.
Otherwise... tons of vids to address parameter input. I even tailor mine sometimes... :LOL:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.