Round 3...new attitude, new outlook, new build...

Participant count
  • Participant list

ferguson621

Senior VIP Member
its been awhile since I've posted, new car, new build, beefier electrical, now I need some assistance with a box....

Car- 2005 scion tC
Amp- taramps md8k @2 ohms
Taramps pro 2.6s processor
Subs- two DD 9500I 15's

Electrical- 250 amp ho alternator
Three runs of 2/0 from alt to battery
Three runs of 2/0 from front to back Batts
Two runs of 2/0 pos and neg from amp to Batts
4/0 from batts to distro blocks for pos and neg to the amp
Batteries- red top up front, red top in back, and a batcap 4000
I absolutely hate optimas, but batteries are so damn expensive lol, and I havent came across any good steals recently....

And for the enclosure, I took out the back seats, so I've got plenty of space to work with, my thing is is when I look at all the open space my mind races with to many crazy ideas and I can never seem to get anywhere lol.

I've tried searching for hatch builds to get ideas but I can't seem to find **** for some odd reason...but I will go take some pictures here in just a second so you guys have a visual.....i was thinking 10 cubes net, my goal is 155, before my other 8k fried i was able to hear just one of them on roughly 2k for a few minutes and my chest was pounding. I cant imagine what two will be like....especially on the right electrical.
I prefer it to be below the window also, ill go get some measurements also

Ok so my measurements are 35 wide, 45 deep, and 17 tall gives me 10.12 after port displacement...so I should be good, the port is 6 inches tall, 20 inches wide, and 20 inches deep for a tuning of 32hz, is that to low? Recommended port area is 166 for both, and that port puts it at 120.

Last edited:
I have the same car and I've never actually seen anyone attempt to fit 2 15's ported properly in the hatch even with the rear seats taken out. I'm curious to see if it will actually work. Not saying it won't. Just never seen it done. Usually I see 2 12's or a 18" for that car. The sunroof has crazy rattles that need to be addressed if you're serious about competing.

Can fit 4 15s under the window line.

Melanie had 4 NSv4 10s under the window line in the TC on two 3500s that broke the subsonic world record in 2016 at SBN. Cant remember what the number was though.

......yeah, thats what I want lol....that 6th order looks intense! That's what I'm looking for. What orientation do you guys recommend? Sub up port back? Sub up port forward? Slot or round?
Yeah I prefer below window line cause I hate not being able to see out the back, but then again it'd not like I could really use my rear view anyways cause I doubt it'll stay attached either way lol. For these 9500's they recommend 5-6 cubes to be optimal....how many cubes can they have minimum and still be able to perform properly?

I've had these two 9500 15's for about 3 years now and I've never been able to hear what they're capable of.....so I'm bound and determined on making them work in the tc lol. I know they're nothing fancy compared to neos but those are to expensive for my blood ha.

Last edited:
What would be the best orientation for subs and port? And would someone be willing to design me a 4th order? I can pay for the design....cause when I look at all the space I have past the front seats I cant get anywhere, I'm really needing some help getting started, I saw the 2x4 shell but im not trying to wall it lol...not for two 15's, and also I've never had the opportunity to run this much wire so what do you guys recommend? I'll have four runs of 2/0

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.