Help with whine, yes I searched and read a lot

my taurus is a 92 SHO model so its 90 amps for the alt im pretty sure, and if all the ground connections are good with a meter then how will regrinding them help out, and they may be a bandaid, but do those isolators do any harm, like lower signal quality or whatever?
Thanks, a friend wanted to know how big it was //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifThe GLI wont do any harm, but they filter the signal so im shure it would sound different

Prob nothing you can hear though

if you have a 94-96 SHO its 130 amps, and 96+ is a 120 amp unit im not sure about regular tauruses, they dont have the same drivetrain at all so its probly a different size alt, and what was that parthenon thing?

We need more info. It sounds like a definite bad ground, but then you say if you tinker with one of the amps, it stops. Perhaps the ground connection IN THE AMP is bad?

Meh, some solder will solve that pretty quick. If you think it's the amp, disconnect the amp, right the speakers some other way, if you lose the whine, it's the amp.

However, a 90 amp alternator isn't going to get you very far, especially when bi-amping. I worry mine might die on me. I never play music in my car more than 5-10 minutes without the engine running. I killed a Diehard Silver 60 month battery that way. Just remember the big 3.

if you have a 94-96 SHO its 130 amps, and 96+ is a 120 amp unit im not sure about regular tauruses, they dont have the same drivetrain at all so its probly a different size alt, and what was that parthenon thing?
Parthenon:www.adireaudio.com/Files/Dan/Parthenon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

His is a 93 i think,its just normal

Big 3 soon to happen !

Ok, problem solved. It wasn't a ground problem...the end plate on the RCA side of the BD amp was pushing on the end of the RCA. All I had to do was put a little more slack in the cord to allow for movement and the whine went away. That's why when I was jiggling the amp it would cut out for awhile and then come back. YaY.

Yep, all the way to the point of if I turn it all the way down, there is complete silence. Im not complaining. Id rather it be something weird and simple, than something difficult where i have to rip out all I have done to fix it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.