Help with understanding why my head unit wont work with wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

rookanga
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
flint, MI
I have a sony MEXGS610BT, I have had this head unit working before and it's always gave me some problems staying on, so one day it got so bad I took it out and tried to see what the issue was and that's were everything went wrong... So I disconnected everything and just tried the power, negative, and ground wires and nothing, I'm pretty sure if the wires from the car are wrapped around the head unit adapter wires completly, you'll figure itll work, right? This is were it gets weird, it sometimes works, I'll electrical tape them together, and when it works I'll try to put the head unit back into the car and it'll sometimes just turn off and then have to bring it back out, try and do whatever I can to get it working again, got power to it, try to shove it in again, and no power anymore, what is going on???? Could it be the adapter??? I know the the wiring in the car works, because right now I'm using the factory radio, but I really want the new one to work, does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be

Electrical tape??

That's a no no just for the simple fact that over time not only does it get sticky residue but also not a very good connector source. Butt connectors is what I would recommend.

is that unit under warranty? If so it may be bad/defective and I would exchange it take it back.

Electrical tape??
That's a no no just for the simple fact that over time not only does it get sticky residue but also not a very good connector source. Butt connectors is what I would recommend.

is that unit under warranty? If so it may be bad/defective and I would exchange it take it back.
I bought it a while ago and probably not under warranty... Its weird I can have it working and not move it and it'll stay working, but if I'll move it, it just seems like it loses power, I really hoping it's the adapter wire for the head unit that connects to the car wires

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.