Help with stereo deck wiring please.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dasitmane

Utah
A fuse went out for my stereo and I replaced it. The stereo is a Clarion, it will power on but no longer has any sound/audio. I bought a new pioneer and while wiring it the red wire popped off the circuit board shown in the attached image. I bypassed the circuit by just cutting it out, as I didnt really have any other options that I could think of. Eventually I realized the Pioneer will power on, but only if the truck is started, when the key is on the on position it will not power up. Also, when the new stereo is working, if the volume is turned up to loud the speaks start getting really bad sound quality wise, then a little more and the power on the deck will cut out.

Im assuming that its a voltage issue maybe? Does anyone have any suggestions and can anyone tell me was the circuit board is and or used for?

Also the old stereo will power on but now with the circuit board removed the old stereo emits a lot of electrical noise, thats while the truck is not running and the noise comes directly from the deck. It will power on while the truck is not running. I have no idea what is causing all these issues.

Thanks in advance.View attachment 26557067

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.