Help with speaker selection!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ram396
10+ year member

Texas
Going to upgrade the factory system in my 2003 Bonneville got a Pioneer AVH 3700 and 2 old Punch 40ix and 60ix Amps. Was going to go with some 6x9's subs in the rear deck running bridged off the 60ix and some 6 1/2 coaxial or components up front running off the 40ix. My question is will the 6x9 subs be worth the effort to add some bass and what speakers would be best up front in the doors. Got about 4 or 5 hundred to spend on both pair.

The factory tweeters are pretty high up in the doors that's why I'm thinking about the coaxial to keep them towards the bottom.

Going to upgrade the factory system in my 2003 Bonneville got a Pioneer AVH 3700 and 2 old Punch 40ix and 60ix Amps. Was going to go with some 6x9's subs in the rear deck running bridged off the 60ix and some 6 1/2 coaxial or components up front running off the 40ix. My question is will the 6x9 subs be worth the effort to add some bass and what speakers would be best up front in the doors. Got about 4 or 5 hundred to spend on both pair.The factory tweeters are pretty high up in the doors that's why I'm thinking about the coaxial to keep them towards the bottom.
If you just want some sound improvement, you can get coaxials and even leave the factory tweeters in, running off the HU. If you're not running subs, you may want to stick the 6x9s in some small enclosures for improved bass response and limit their top end response (LPF).

I don't know how much bass you want/expect. If you keep your expectations in check, I think those should do just fine.
Not looking to rattle the windows or anything like that, just after some tight bass. I guess I'm looking to get more mid bass out of them than anything else.

You think I'd be better off with some coaxial back there?

If your budget is low, you can get better performance with coaxials and you may even keep the factory tweeters as well. If you have a decent budget, you can get a nice component set and replace factory tweeters.

Your budget is plenty to get the job done for speakers. Skip they rear speakers and focus on the front. With the 3700 you can run active from the head unit so you can build your own setup. I'd run raw drivers and control everything from the amp. The nvx x series xsp6act is a great choice. I haven't run them personally, but several guys that compete use this or the raw driver version with great success. They report that the mid bass is very strong.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.