Any thoughts on these?

Well looking to upgrade the doors I have come down to these three I think. Power I have is a Kenwood Excelon x400-4 70 rms @4 or 100 @2.

Focal P165-V15

Hertz DSK 165.3

Infinity Kappa 60.11cs
Ive heard the Focal and they sounded like an airy backgrouded echo from the mid/woofers..tweets sounded great(doors were 100% sealed/deadened)

the Hertz DSK series sound ok to me(still have)

But the Carbon Fiber of Infinity just really scream out clarity as well as take some nice power to get loud without cracking. I dont have this set mentioned, but this set here, Infinity 60 9CS 6 1 2" 2 Way Kappa Series Component 6 5" Car Speakers 50667110130 | eBay yweets didnt last, but the Xovers and mids still working perfect on an Old School CrossFire TEK 100.2..The tweeters in your set look like a better set, and not a PITA to mess with as far as connecting.I ended up placing these tweets in the place of the tweets that blew in my set CDT Audio TW 25S New 1" Silk Dome Car Tweeters Open Box | eBay

The combination is outstanding

Thanks I'll look at the Morels. I hadn't really though about fills a whole bunch as what I had worked well for me at the time. With the new Tantrics I' am looking at upgrading the doors. Only issue is my power restrictions. The fill amp is on the back of a board so only way to replace it is pull the beauty box and sub box :

Any other reviews or thoughts are appreciated.

Ive heard the Focal and they sounded like an airy backgrouded echo from the mid/woofers..tweets sounded great(doors were 100% sealed/deadened)the Hertz DSK series sound ok to me(still have)

But the Carbon Fiber of Infinity just really scream out clarity as well as take some nice power to get loud without cracking. I dont have this set mentioned, but this set here, Infinity 60 9CS 6 1 2" 2 Way Kappa Series Component 6 5" Car Speakers 50667110130 | eBay yweets didnt last, but the Xovers and mids still working perfect on an Old School CrossFire TEK 100.2..The tweeters in your set look like a better set, and not a PITA to mess with as far as connecting.I ended up placing these tweets in the place of the tweets that blew in my set CDT Audio TW 25S New 1" Silk Dome Car Tweeters Open Box | eBay

The combination is outstanding
^^^^this doors must be sealed and 100% deadened no matter what you run.

^^^^this doors must be sealed and 100% deadened no matter what you run.
Yeah no worries there I have some left over Kolossus I planned on using for the doors. Was thinking of getting another 14 sq feet to make sure I have enough.

Those focals might be a bit deep 2.5 is about the depth I' am looking for, Same car as a Grand Am basically. Thought I might go with the kappas to see how they fit for depth That would also allow me to run them at 100 rms as they are 2 ohms also. Still looking at my options though so keep em coming I appreciate the input.

Well looking to upgrade the doors I have come down to these three I think. Power I have is a Kenwood Excelon x400-4 70 rms @4 or 100 @2.

Focal P165-V15

Hertz DSK 165.3

Infinity Kappa 60.11cs
May wanna look into the Hertz MLK 165.3's as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i like my pioneer premiers over the poly glass focals... most component sets i dont like ... usually have to mis match to get the sound i like.. pioneers surprised me... and got rated one of best mid drivers over hertz and similar brands... 720PRS

pioneer-ts-c720prs.jpg

No not budget concerns I already have the Kenwood Excelon 100-4 it's on the backside of my amp board along with all the distros and other wiring. in order to replace it I'd have to probably rewire everything after pulling both boxes which would be a huge pita. Not to mention the Excelon is super small and anything replacing it would undoubtedly be much bigger and probably not fit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.