Help with son's car amplifier

I would like to keep it under $500 if possible, but can creep up a little if it is worth it.

Sundown SD12 b-stock for $130 shipped, and audio technix 800.1 amp for $155 shipped that leaves you $200 for wiring and box
This seems like a very solid deal, particularly if you want to buy new. Budget @ 80$ for wiring and incidentals and 100$ for a box and you're good. You can of course make a box for less, but there's things like glue, screws, caulking, etc. that you'll have to buy more than you'll use on one box, so you'll have leftover stuff. For 100$ you can buy a good design/blueprints, materials, and have enough budget to bondo/sand/paint or carpet. There's 1000 threads here of people building boxes, once you understand the fundamentals, it's not rocket science. Keep things airtight and brace large sides (flexing sounds like *** and kills output, and you'd be amazed how little it takes to flex even 3/4" wood)

If you shop right and build a good box you can outperform paying double at a local shop or big box store. The best part of buying right the first time is you'll get good performance, reliability, and stuff will hold a good resale value if/when you ever decide to upgrade or just grow out of it (yeah right).

Hispls,

I have read through many of the post for building boxes and I must admit the terminology throws me off. I have no problems with carpentry and my in-laws have a nice shop, but I'll have to find some plans for my son's truck size. It is a very common truck, so I have to believe there are plans for a ported box that will fit my needs.

Thanks!

Hispls,
I have read through many of the post for building boxes and I must admit the terminology throws me off. I have no problems with carpentry and my in-laws have a nice shop, but I'll have to find some plans for my son's truck size. It is a very common truck, so I have to believe there are plans for a ported box that will fit my needs.

Thanks!

Best bet would be to pay one of the box builders on this site for some blueprints/cut-sheets , then it's a simple matter of cutting pieces to specs and assembly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.