Four channel and Mono amp recomendations

djeazie
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
n.w. ohio
Currently planning my audio system. Stuck on which amplifiers to get. I only purchase authorized since I like to support authorized vendors. I like the piece of mind knowing I will have support once it comes to warranty issue. I dont have a huge budget to make these purchases since the wife doesnt understand my need for a quality sound system. These amps will be going in a 2013 Ram with the 8.4" Uconnect system. I am using a Sony XDP-MU110 Digital Link Sound System Factory system upgrade module with cradle for iPhone® or iPod touch® at Crutchfield.com

basically as a LOC to give the amps a rca signal. I already have this installed and it was a steal for 50 bucks. I dont use the ipod dock since the truck already has touchscreen ipod control and such.

I plan to Just run a set of co-ax in each door and my SSA Dcon 12d4 under the rear seat in a Fox Box that is perfect for my install.

So, onto what im thinking: I really like matching amplifiers so the install looks nice. I want smaller sized amps due to this being in a pickup where space in an issue. So I basically stuck with class D amps due to their small size.

Budget: I would like to stay around 400 bucks for both

Im leaning toward the Alpine MRV-f300 and MRV-M500

I like the small size of these. Just wish the F300 was alittle more than 50w per channel but that should be plenty for now. The specs on the M500 are perfect.

Any one have any other suggestions? I have looked at the Pioneer class D's but not sure about their amps since I have never owned one.

I have also looked and the PPI, MB Quart, Soundstream Turantulas, Polks, and so on just not sure of their specs and reliability.

Sorry for the long post but please post up your opinions and recommendations!

Look at the American bass vfl hydrid amps also the arc audio xdi amps if you like either one let me know and I'll give you pricing
Right on time, conveniently suggesting the brands that you sell. He wants recommendations from the community, not a list of what you will make money off of.
This isn't the want-to-buy section, is it? No, it's the let's talk about amplifiers without and salesmen trying to hook a fish section.

I'm about to see how much money it will take to convince/bribe a MOD to revoke your status.

Have you considered a 5 channel amp? Look up the Alpine PDX-V9. Although it is a bit above your budget range, it's not much over. On top of that, this unit from the reviews I have read is solid and often compared to the JL 900/5 (which is about 2x the cost of it).

I have had good luck with the MB Quart onyx and discus series. They are supposed to do rates aswell. they are tough to beat for the money. one thing, my Onyx is mounted in the hatch were is sits in the sun. The black metal has faded to a bronze. It doesn't look bad and as far as I can tell hasn't effected the amp in operation.

well id say the ppi phantom series. i got the p600.2 that should be here some time today. there was a website that reviewed the p900.4 and shows it dose ratted and is pretty good. i have also found that the p1000.1 is really like 20% underrated.

Only thing about a 5 channel I would hate to have one of the channels go out and I'm stuck with having to replace the whole amp instead of just one of the two amps. And a pdx is out of the price range. Great amps though. Seems like Phantoms are highly recommended.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Any one ever see a MB quart benched?

Only thing about a 5 channel I would hate to have one of the channels go out and I'm stuck with having to replace the whole amp instead of just one of the two amps. And a pdx is out of the price range. Great amps though. Seems like Phantoms are highly recommended. 

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Any one ever see a MB quart benched?
PPI Phantoms, all day, every day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have the PPI Phantoms in stock. A 4 channel and a mono would be about $400 together. I can also get you the Massive Audio NX5. The NX5 would give you about 400W to a dual 4 ohm sub. The P1000.1 is rated at 725W @ 2 ohms but it's underrated.

Another option is an i520.4 and an i650.1 from the PPI iON line.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.