Help with setting new amp setting? Please help!

TheCandyMan
10+ year member

MI
Got my new amp today and the only thing i touched on it was the gain as i put it to halfway.

Here is a pic of my amp, idk what to put the other setting to? If you could help me by saying 12oclock or 1oclock for where to put them please let me know...
ZBQlhYT.jpg

I basically only listen to rap and trap music w the best/most bass possible. I wanna hit allll lowssss!

I have a custom box made to specs of my trunk here it is in a video..

ALL AND ANY ADVICE IS MUCH MUCH MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Got my new amp today and the only thing i touched on it was the gain as i put it to halfway.

Here is a pic of my amp, idk what to put the other setting to? If you could help me by saying 12oclock or 1oclock for where to put them please let me know...
ZBQlhYT.jpg

I basically only listen to rap and trap music w the best/most bass possible. I wanna hit allll lowssss!

I have a custom box made to specs of my trunk here it is in a video..

ALL AND ANY ADVICE IS MUCH MUCH MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

You need a multimeter. Setting gain to half way or w/e is completely dependent on your source voltage and you can easily damage your equipment by thinking of it like "half way up" it's not a volume knob from 0% to 100%, it's got a proper value, which is dependent on your speakers and how they're wired.

So we need: Subwoofer(s) connected to it and in what impedance value.

You'll use the multimeter to achieve a desired voltage at the output terminals and that will ensure that you're getting the most out of your amplifier without clipping and/or without exceeding the rating of whatever speakers you've got connected to it. We don't know what the voltage should be unless we know the ohms load and the desired wattage.

You need a multimeter. Setting gain to half way or w/e is completely dependent on your source voltage and you can easily damage your equipment by thinking of it like "half way up" it's not a volume knob from 0% to 100%, it's got a proper value, which is dependent on your speakers and how they're wired.

So we need: Subwoofer(s) connected to it and in what impedance value.

You'll use the multimeter to achieve a desired voltage at the output terminals and that will ensure that you're getting the most out of your amplifier without clipping and/or without exceeding the rating of whatever speakers you've got connected to it. We don't know what the voltage should be unless we know the ohms load and the desired wattage.
I don't have a meter and don't have a 2nd set of hands to help me get box out of my trunk to do all that nor the time. I doooo however know how to use the gain on a amp and just need help with the other settings. I've used hifonics amps for over 10years just these new ones have those 3 EQ BASS setting and idk what to do with them..

I don't have a meter and don't have a 2nd set of hands to help me get box out of my trunk to do all that nor the time. I doooo however know how to use the gain on a amp and just need help with the other settings. I've used hifonics amps for over 10years just these new ones have those 3 EQ BASS setting and idk what to do with them..
It’s just bass boost with the ability to adjust the frequency and the q. Leave it at 0db.

3 EQ BASS setting and idk what to do with them..
The center knob is set the frequency that you want your sub to play at. The width is to set how much of the left and right of that chosen frequency you want your sub to play. So if you center at 60hz with zero width (Q), your sub will play only 60hz. But if you go wide, it will play 40hz to 80hz with 60hz dead center. And boost is boost.

The center knob is set the frequency that you want your sub to play at. The width is to set how much of the left and right of that chosen frequency you want your sub to play. So if you center at 60hz with zero width (Q), your sub will play only 60hz. But if you go wide, it will play 40hz to 80hz with 60hz dead center. And boost is boost.
I laugh at a lot of what you post too.

Glad to bring joy to your life. What of my post is incorrect?
Simplified it’s a parametric eq. It’s going to still play all the frequencies up until it rolls off on the crossover. If you set it at 60 hz and set the q at the narrowest setting and add level (boost)it’s still going to affect the frequencies around 60hz the wider you set the q the wider band of frequencies it’ll boost. If it’s worth a dam (questionable being hifonics)with the level set at 0db it shouldn’t boost anything.
To say the sub would only play 60 hz or 40 to 80 hz is incorrect. Crossover is going to determine frequencies played. level q and frequency settings determine frequencies boosted.

To say the sub would only play 60 hz or 40 to 80 hz is incorrect. Crossover is going to determine frequencies played. level q and frequency settings determine frequencies boosted.
I agree with you 100%. But OP quickly shut down good advice, meaning he was looking for a quickie. I figured keep it simple so he can have a general idea as to how those new features can be played with.

I agree with you 100%. But OP quickly shut down good advice, meaning he was looking for a quickie. I figured keep it simple so he can have a general idea as to how those new features can be played with.
So giving incorrect information simplifies things? it leads to more confusion if anything. If I’m a noob on the subject reading that I’m think if I set it oneway it’s only going to play 60 hz or if I set it another way it’s only going to play 40 to 80hz. Leaving me wondering if my amplifier is going to play anything above 80 or below 40hz. Plus I don’t see how op was shutting down good advice.

Last edited:
So do i put LPF to 12oclock and leave everything else at zero?

No one is saying a o'clock,i just want quick and simple,sub is NOT hitting as hard and my last amp was 2200w and this amp is 2500w.

So giving incorrect information simplifies things? If anything it leads to more confusion if anything. If I’m a noob on the subject reading that I’m think if I set it oneway it’s only going to play 60 hz or if I set it another way it’s only going to play 40 to 80hz. Leaving me wondering if my amplifier is going to play anything above 80 or below 40hz. Plus I don’t see how op was shutting down good advice.
What is the effect of Q? As I understand it, it is a choke point of any given frequency. Set it at 60hz, and it will affect the frequencies around it depending on how low or high you set it. So if you attenuate 60hz on low Q, you will lose 60hz volume but also 50, 40, 30, 70, 80, 90 to a lesser sloping degree. What if you attenuate 60hz with a high Q? You will mainly lose 60hz volume.
Now what if we do the opposite? Boost the 60hz with a high Q. Your dominant note will be 60hz, all others still playing but to lesser degree. Is that the way you understand it or did I not grasp the articles I read?

bad advice once again......dont ever use bass boost on a sub amp....if you feel you need to boost, get a more powerful amp
Your advice is to not to use a feature that the manufacturer put in there. Is it just for shits and giggles? Why did you not chime in when dude was asking for help in the morning? I saw how you handled that other post, it was quite good. Enlighten us as to why using bass boost is a bad idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.