1 - 1 of 1 Posts

L
l1ttlet
·Registered
Joined 22 d ago
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · a moment ago

Sooooo.....I thought I knew what I was doing setting my gains with a dmm and test tones but apparently I'm retarded or something.

here's the issue. my bass knob is clipping at only half turned up. can barely turn at all before it starts clipping. bass knob has clipping light.

what I've done is first I am running a stock toyota 4runner headunit and it's one of those that as u turn it up it starts to roll off the bass, starts happening around volume 35 of 63. so I've decided to set everything at volume 30 on headunit being most. I've got an audio control lc7i set the input @ 4.5volts then mids and highs amp is sundown sfb500.4 and sfb 5k.

ELECTRICAL
-320 amp alt charging @14.8volts
  • lto 40 ah bank
  • 3/0 awg royal excelene welding cable.
-big 3 done
-plus double frame grounds.

LC7I
-channel 1 & 2 for highs set @3khtz -3db test tone @4.5 volts
-channel 3 & 4 for mids set @100htz -3db test tone @4.5 volts
- sub channel set @30htz -3db test tone @4.5 volts

SFB 500.4
-channel 1 & 2 set same using dmm of 25 volts for 300watts rms @3khtz -3db
-channel 3 & 4 set @ 25 volts as well, but 100htz - 3db

SFB5K
- set @70 volts for 5000watts rms at 30htz -3db test tone. no bass boost or anything.

please help. I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong and already smoked a wolfram 1 of 3 wolfram ag 10's. can't let it happen to one of my re audio xxx12's.

If you're going to use the bass knob, you need to set your gains with it connected, and turned all the way up, so there's no possible way that you can introduce clipping with it.

If you're going to use the bass knob, you need to set your gains with it connected, and turned all the way up, so there's no possible way that you can introduce clipping with it.
Exactly right. If you don’t do this you could blow subs with the bass knob by accident. Experience speaking. I blew a brand new infinity perfect 12 with a bass knob years ago when I didn’t know how to set it up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...