Changed head unit Now subs don’t hit as hard.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trdt4r

CarAudio.com Newbie
I had a pioneer 4300 double din for years and my subs hit hard (4 JL Audio W0 on hifonice Brutus 1000w class d wired 1 ohm). I changed to a Android double din (I’ve realized they are junk) but my subs don’t hit nowhere near as hard. Like Rap bass songs play loud but when it comes to rock or alternative i keep bass knob all the way and lack of tuning on the HU im basically having to put bass up on my doors to get the subs to hit. Pioneer unit had Subwoofer volume & bass boost. Is it the difference is voltage at the signal input or just the better EQ? The difference between rock and rap is vast but even hard hitting song don’t play like the other unit. I didn’t have the old unit anymore to swap back. Will a boost in signal voltage help my problem?

Pioneer unit had Subwoofer volume & bass boost
You answered your question here. Without dedicated sub boosting, you are having to boost the whole system which lowers the quality of the overall spectrum. I say the most economical solution would be to add bass blockers to the full ranges and boost to your hearts content. Easiest route is to splice on the amp instead of individual speaker locations.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...