Help with really tiny wires for LED lights-crimping?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello everyone,

I am trying to install some LED lights on my car to enhance the experience, however the wires that come attached to the LED lights at TINY! They are like 26-28 gauge wires. I have standard connectors (bullet, tab, etc) and it is really hard to crimp this small wire into connectors. Are there special connectors or other tricks that I should be doing to get these wires connected?

Thanks

-S

Thanks. Any links to shrink tube that will stick to really small wires? When I shrink to these, the tube does not seem to shrink enough or the connector is too big for the shrink tube to cover the solder joint.

I fold the wire a couple times in a s pattern. This thickens it up enough to crimp or heat shrink. If you only have heat shrink sized to big for wire even after solder wrap the wire in a little quality electrical tape to thicken it up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.