Somebody explain*** New Car***Voltage Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

eztrez2013

I have a 2014 Infinity Q50S AWD. The car has a stock 150 amp alternator. The resting voltage varies greatly. I can drive down a busy street and at the first red light I'm resting at 13.6V. The next red light I'm resting at 12.6V and the next red light I'm resting at 14V. So on and so forth, It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm full tilt or music off. When at full tilt I see up to a .5 voltage drop with a Fosgate T1500bdcp at 1 Ohm. Problem is the drop is always about .5 whether I'm at 12.6, 13 or 14.4. What causes this??? AND What can I do to regulate and keep the voltage on the higher end. It's driving me crazy always checking my meter to see if I'm safe to rail on it.. I'm assuming it being regulated by a module of some sort but what's the get-around? Someone help...Not sure if it matters or not..But big 3 (plus a couple extra grounds in 1/0) AGM is front and a big 140 AH AGM in back...Need some help... Thanks in advance

Nissan uses a clutch in the alternator for fuel efficiency. It doesnt charge when the battery is full. You can rev the engine and kill it and hear the alt continue to spin after every thing stops. It sounds kind like a high pitch whine almost turbo like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

eztrez2013

eztrez2013
Portland, OR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
phemps