Tried to re-wire, now no sound....help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Freeflynick

I have a JVC KD HDR50 on my patio hooked up to 2 outdoor speakers. They have been wired to L & R channels but since the speakers are so far apart you could usually only hear one speaker (and therefore one) at a time. So I thought I would wire both channels to each speaker. Easy, right?

So I disconnected the wires, then tried to find each channel, and now I get nothing at all. I may have inadvertently connected two output wires together....would that cause a problem? I don't understand why that would cause everything to stop, so would really appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Nick

Ok...I'm a *******!! I wasn't wiring the + AND the - together.

BUT.....when I put the two + inputs to the two + outputs and same with the negatives, the sound is very distorted.....is there a way to get each speaker to play both channels without getting the distortion? Maybe using the rear outputs?

Thanks again!

Nick

No. You can only run one channel to a speaker. You can, however run two speakers off one channel, given you don't over power the one channel. What you're doing willl ruin the stereo, if it hasn't already I.e. The distortion you're getting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.