Help with pioneer 5 channel amp switch settings

Participant count
  • Participant list

dls0680

Tampa
I have a pioneer 9605 5 channel amp with 4 speakers and a single 10” sub I have my gains set to normal and one switch in the amp set to 4 channel and the other switch set to SW but I can’t hear the sub when I have the switch set on the SW setting but when I move it over to the other setting I can hear it. Would someone be able to help me with basic settings for the switches and other settings that I should have I am at a loss. Please help

my guess is when u flip it to sw u need to set lp xover to 80-100hz (if it's set at like 20 then it won't get any bass freqs) and set hp xover on speakers to 80-120hz

Do you have 6 channels of rcas plugged in to all the inputs. Looking at the manual if you only have rcas on channels 1-4 then you keep it on a/b if you have a sub rca input then you move it to sw.

Do you have 6 channels of rcas plugged in to all the inputs. Looking at the manual if you only have rcas on channels 1-4 then you keep it on a/b if you have a sub rca input then you move it to sw.
ok thats makes since i was looking at pic, yeah if u only have 4 rcas in the 1st 4 channels leave to a/b and set lp xover to maybe 125 if u listen to rock or 80 if just rap.. we had guy recently said he was missing freqs found out lp set at 40hz that y it was 1st thing i thought of..

GTMike was right. When I switch it to A/B the sub works great. It’s not rca plugs for my sub. The only issue I have now is once I turn it up a little I get a barely notice able speaker hiss. I’m guessing that’s just adjustments needed to fine tune?

GTMike was right. When I switch it to A/B the sub works great. It’s not rca plugs for my sub. The only issue I have now is once I turn it up a little I get a barely notice able speaker hiss. I’m guessing that’s just adjustments needed to fine tune?
Could be a few things but try adjusting your gain down a little to see if that helps. Even “normal” could be a little too high depending on what head unit you’re using and that will cause some hiss

yeah if u have 5v preout hu then the normal 1/2 gain probably to high turn down some

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.